Here it comes! (Proposed gun legislation)

I’m a fan of scary stuff. where can I check these out? :wink:

1 Like

I have never tracked bills. Is this abnormal for these types of bills to be put in all the time?

Did anybody hear about AR15.Com getting unsupported by GoDaddy, so basically what happened to Parler is happening to AR15.com. Censorship is here and coming on fast. I thought it would at least wait until Trump was out of office for it to escalate but the Libs are ahead of schedule it seems. Multiple gun laws being created, censoring of Right wing public figures and members, censoring of a large firearms resource. I wonder when USCCA will be targeted.

3 Likes

No, this is not normal, at least not at a federal level. You will see a gun control bill hit the floor but not several at one time. These leftists are starting their full on assault against the second amendment.

There is no reason for any of these bills. They will not stop gun violence and they will not prevent bad guy from obtaining firearms to commit a crime and will not prevent mass shootings. They will continue to put up bills like this, one after one, and slowly chip away at our rights until a gun confiscation occurs. We need to be vigilant and pay attention and make our voices heard against these by writing our representatives.

Here is a website to find out who you rep is so you can contact them.
https://www.house.gov/representatives/find-your-representative

4 Likes

Yes, I saw the articles on this. Plus Parler was shutdown by Amazon after a mass exodus from Twitter occurred because Amazon believed it would incite violence even though on that very same day, a trending tweet ON TWITTER was “Hang Mike Pence.”

They are coming after conservatives hard!!

If you have not heard of “The Great Reset” I suggest everyone look it up and become familiar with it and Klaus Schwab from the World Economic Forum. These next 4 years will be critically important on the direction this country takes…

6 Likes

Nope, it won’t stop criminals from getting guns. But for arguments sake let’s say it does stop criminals from getting guns. Criminals will just start attacking people with knives or other instruments. So now, that attack that happens within 15-feet from one or more attackers that you had a chance of surviving with a pistol, instead you are now going to be killed or seriously injured unless you are a very high-level martial arts expert and even then. Home intruders in groups of 2 or more will have their way with the home owner. It’s just disgusting that the Democrats would do this to the people.

3 Likes

I agree, but that argument doesn’t even matter. The whole point of this is gun confiscation. Look at history for crying out loud. Gun rights get infringed, registration occurs, guns get confiscated, tyranny occurs and people die.

That’s the point that needs to be made. We all need to stop skirting around the obvious and trying to justify having a gun to defend ourselves. The point of firearm ownership, the ultimate point, it to prevent a tyrannical government for taking power from the people. That’s why the second amendment states, “ A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed

Gun’s keep our government and foreign governments at bay. We need to fight to keep it that way.

9 Likes

Yes sir, thank you!

2 Likes

I share your concernc but I so believe that free people have the final say. The question is, do we bow to tyranny or do we act like our forefathers and fight for our freedom?

3 Likes

Title of the thread changed to make it easier for everyone to find the information. ~Dawn

2 Likes

Here’s the latest Florida version:

Gun-grabbers at it again in FL with semi-auto gun ban | Gun Owners of America

It is another laundry list that goes beyond being passable, but they seem to frequently pass thru with some “paring down” that people take a sigh and say, wow, that could of been worse. It’s time to stop accepting the pared down version and do every thing we legally can do to stop it.

Full text: SB370.pdf (200.5 KB)

4 Likes

That’s a technique the far left has mastered, and that conservatives often fail to recognize or do anything about.

In his summer 1975 speech to the United Nations, Alexander Solzhenitsyn described exactly that technique as used by the Soviet Union. Substitute “American left” for “Soviet Union” and/or “communist” in the text below, and notice how well it still fits.

The Soviet Union and the Communist countries can conduct negotiations. They know how to do this. For a long time they don’ t make any concessions and then they give in a little bit. Then everyone says triumphantly, “Look, they’ve made a concession; it’s time to sign.” Matters which people should be able to do even before such negotiations are undertaken."

http://www.orthodoxytoday.org/articles7/SolzhenitsynWarning.php

6 Likes

We are not a free people anymore, January 20th kiss your freedoms goodbye. We will be overrun by February from the south and the north. Forget gun bans, maintain what you have and prepare! Hold the line! We lost!

1 Like

I think what we’re seeing are troublingly reminiscent of the Reichstag Fire, 1933

3 Likes

I’m not a Libertarian by any means, but here is an interesting piece from that political corner detailing how the population of Great Britain was effectively disarmed.
and how the author PA Luty ended up

A Brief History of British Gun Control
(or, How to Disarm the Law Abiding Populace by Stealth)
by P.A. Luty
www.thehomegunsmith.com

Attribute to The Libertarian Enterprise

In 1900 the British government trusted the people with firearms and to be their own guardians. Prime Minister Robert Gascoyne-Cecil, the Marquess of Salisbury said he would “laud the day when there was a rifle in every cottage in England”. However in 1903 Britain passed its first ever “gun control” law, a minor one requiring a permit to carry a handgun and restricting the age of purchasers. It was the first toe over a slippery slope towards complete firearms prohibition.

In 1919 the British government, in fear of communist insurgents and domestic and foreign anarchists, passed its first sweeping anti-gun laws ( under the smokescreen of crime control ) even though gun related crime was almost non existent in the England of the day. British subjects could now only buy a firearm if they could show " a good reason " for having one and the firearm certificate system that we have today (implemented and abused by police) was introduced. The 1920 gun control act was the beginning of the end for private firearms ownership in England. So much for Robert Gascoyne-Cecil’s remarks of “a rifle in every cottage in England” being a laudable goal.

In 1936 short barrelled shotguns (such as shot pistols used for ratting) and fully automatic firearms were outlawed. Why? Not because such firearms were ever misused but because the government dictated that civilians had " no legitimate reason" for owning them. Where have we heard that before! Another slide down the slippery slope. The reasoning has now changed from the government NEEDING TO SHOW REASONS FOR THE RESTRICTIONS to the people NEEDING TO SHOW REASONS TO EXERCISE THEIR RIGHTS, to a government TELLING them that there was NO ACCEPTABLE REASON.

The English Bill of Rights states “That the subjects which are Protestants may have arms for their defence, suitable to their condition and as allowed by law” Sir William Blackstone, commenting on this in his Commentaries on the laws of England said, “The fifth and last auxiliary RIGHT of the subject, that I shall at present mention, is that of having arms for their defence, suitable to their condition, and as allowed by law, which is also declared by the same statute IW & M ft.2c.2 and is indeed a public allowance, under due restrictions, of the natural right of resistance and self preservation , when the sanctions of society and laws are found insufficient to restrain the violence of oppression”. I wonder what happened to " the natural RIGHT of resistance and self preservation " (from domestic criminals and out of control governments). Have not the “sanctions of society and laws” been shown “insufficient to restrain the violence of oppression”?

In 1936 the government added a “safe storage” requirement on the owners of handguns and rifles to “prevent the guns falling into the wrong hands” Where have we heard that one before, and how often do the British police use that particular requirement to harass what is left of the British gun owning community?

As a direct consequence of the 1920 gun control act, not only did Britain not have “a rifle in every cottage” but they had to ask American citizens to send them every type of rifle and handgun at the outbreak of WWII, so British people would have some means of defending their homes and islands against the Nazi hordes massing across the English Channel. Americans responded by sending every type of firearm to the unarmed and helpless people of Britain. No surprise, but at the end of the war the British people did not get to keep the guns, the government seized many of them back and dumped them in the sea. Such was the British government’s gratitude to the American public and distrust of their own people.

In 1946 “self defence” was no longer considered a good reason for requiring a police issued firearms certificate. The slippery slope got even steeper.

In 1953 carrying any type of weapon for self defence was made illegal, making the streets even safer for the criminal element and giving great “crime control” soundbites to the police and press.

In 1967 a chap by the name of Harry Roberts blasted three policemen to death in a London street using a 9mm Luger pistol and the British government restricted shotguns for the very first time. Try to figure out the logic… handgun used… shotguns licensed for the first time in British history. Opportunistic, or am I just being a cynical bastard?

In 1982 black powder muzzle loader shooters and handloaders were required to allow police inspection of their security arrangements to ensure “safe storage” of the powder they possessed, meaning that agents of the state could demand entry into an Englishman’s home at any time of day or night without a warrant.

In 1988 all semi-automatic rifles were banned, including pump action rifles. The personal property of law abiding people was once again outlawed and seized. All the guns were registered and easy to find, that is to say, all the legally held ones .

In 1996 all handguns were banned and they too were all registered with the agents of the state. Well, need I say more? You get the picture. Also in 1996 carrying any knife with a blade longer than 3 inches was made illegal. Presumably one cannot stab someone to death with a three inch knife. You now had to show " good reason " for carrying a knife, the presumption of innocence, until proven guilty of a crime, was gone.

In England today you cannot carry any type of weapon for self defence and you cannot use a firearm to defend your home, family, or property. The gun and weapon laws have made crime safe for criminals and the other violent thugs and miscreants who infest our country today.

In 2006 the government passed the Violent Crime Reduction Act. The VCRA restricted all “realistic” toy/replica guns. Now Britons were not to be trusted with even imitation non-firing replicas. “Violent crime reduction” was once again used as the smokescreen to enact oppressive laws and deprive the law abiding of their property. As part of the VCRA an airgun can no longer be purchased by mail order and the name and address of the purchaser must be registered with the seller. Is the bigger picture now getting clearer?

In 2009 talks with the British government were started to devolve airgun laws to the Scottish parliament. If and when the Scottish parliament is given the power over airgun legislation the Parliament has vowed to ban the sale of all airguns in Scotland. In the coming years, England will follow the Scottish example and airgun registration and an eventual licensing system will follow. The slippery slope is now in a vertical freefall.

Am I suggesting that there has been some nefarious plan all along to disarm and subjugate the British people? Yes, partly. I am also suggesting that this is a cycle of government behaviour long recognised, one we should be paying attention to, and breaking. We KNOW what governments do; they acquire power at the expense of the governed. They do it slowly, almost imperceptibly, and usually for nefarious reasons and political expediency.

You can always rely on your Expedient Homemade Firearms book though, can’t you? They would not dare to ban books, would they? Oh yes, it’s already started.

Don’t say I didn’t warn you.

" All that is required for evil
to prosper is for good men to do nothing"

For the “terrible crime” of constructing a machine-gun and writing his book Expedient Homemade Firearms—The 9mm Machine Gun Mr. Luty was sentenced to four years imprisonment—plus one year for possession of six cartridges! Although the judge said he accepted there was no criminal intent in constructing the weapon, he would make an example of Mr. Luty as a warning to others.

In prison his original low security classification was upgraded two levels (to high security) in the space of a few weeks, and throughout his incarceration he was vilified by the authorities, who of course, “new better” than professionally qualified people. They regarded him as a potential psychopath because of his refusal to toe the line and agree with the official views on gun ownership.

Two prison psychiatrists interviewed Mr. Luty and issued reports saying he was not mentally ill, and was a person of high morals and had never shown himself to be a threat to the public.

He is currently banned from accessing the Internet and awaiting trial on new charges of contributing to terrorism by writing his books.

Visit his currently modest website (the old one has been expediently taken down for a while) at www.thehomegunsmith.com

4 Likes

A lot of people still have firearms in Britain.

Mostly farmers. And farmers mums.

1 Like

Legally or illegally?
Gun ownership is pricey in Old Blighty, not a blue collar pastime.

1 Like

You know gun safety and so does the government. If a child brakes the window to the gun cabinet and has access to ammo, then it was stored incorrectly.

LOL. The gun cabinet my father had was never locked, and the ammo was on top of it. Did any of us kids “play” with those firearms - Hell no! Teach your child(ren) about firearm safety. I never worried about my daughter finding a firearm. Mine were either in the safe or on my person. However, she knew firearm safety from very young, just as I had. It wasn’t at home that was of concern to me, but we read about children “finding” firearms when out and about. I wanted her to know what to do/not to do if that scenario ever occurred.

4 Likes

I find Anthony 88 response rather incoherent.
Glass gun cabinets offer no protection from thieves .
The only time you’ll likely see them these days is in museums.
The real issue is keeping staged firearms loaded and at the ready.
It’s already been established that parents are responsible for the actions of their minor children
and common sense dictates what is acceptable or not.

1 Like