Gun Sweepstakes

I log on,Really for the community. Have picked up interesting opinions and Ideas. Great folks on there. P.S. I never win anything historically

3 Likes

List the winners grouped by states so a member can click on a state & just scroll through the winners in that state rather than the entire list.

3 Likes

Ok, May I ask what benefit you see in a setup like that and how that organization would help you and other members?

After going online to see if I’d won & may have missed the notification, I started scanning. After a couple pages I switched from scanning names to scanning states & after looking at a dozen or more pages said, to hell with it. After thinking about it I feel scanning several pages of names listed by state would be quicker than dozens & dozens of pages for the entire USA. I’m a 75-year-old retired LEO that just beat cancer. I want to use what time I have left on this earth more wisely than scanning 100’s of pages, like riding my Harley.

2 Likes

Congrats on beating your cancer! Hope you have many many more years worth of chances to win the daily giveaway!

I suspect that they will do more than just send one email to try and contact you. I actually got a call (not sure if they sent an email first). But that was a couple years ago maybe even before the gun a day giveaways. Also suspect that if for some reason they can’t connect with a winner that person would not get their name on the winners list. Most giveaways like this make several attempts to contact a winner and if they fail the prize is forfeited or given to another entrant. I also won a fund raising raffle where I got a personal email from an employee saying it was my final chance to claim my prize. Thought it was a scam so called the group directly. Turns out all their other attempted notifications from their regular email address had gone into my junk folder.

4 Likes

I agree with @Rick101 instead of scanning endless list of winners it would be nice to see it by state. I have a reasonable suspicion that most of the winners are selected from targeted regions. I also have a reasonable suspicion that the drawings are merely for advertisement and not actual items/ monetary sums. It is quite amusing that the only thing I have received from uscca is an employment offer via an email although I was never looking nor would I seek employment from uscca. I already struggle with my subscription as the only value i currently see is the insurance and that isn’t very convincing right now. As far the community here goes I have mixed opinions of that.

@Tim_D_USCCA

Using Chrome Browser search the page: I found George 27 times even 1 George P. (not me he is from TX)

There are16 IL if you count Cecil & Neil :rofl: :rofl:

How about a monthly list of recent winners?

1 Like

The winner’s list is not designed to be used as a way to see if you won. No winner is added to the list without their consent. If you win, you would be contacted by email.

6 Likes

The insurance is my primary reason for membership. The community and online training (which I can’t really take advantage of due to my horrible internet) are side benefits.

It was an add for the giveaways that originally drew me to check out the USCCA so I’m sure it is effective advertising for them. Winning the giveaway was a very pleasant surprise. It was a few years ago for me. Back then they sent a PSA gift certificate for the value of the gun. Now I believe they just send a check for the value that you can spend however you want. I’m sure they target their advertising but I can’t imagine any benefit to targeting winner locations.

I’m not willing to do the math on the odds of winning if you enter every day for a year. I’m sure they are pretty small. But significantly higher than winning the lottery and the entries are free:)

5 Likes

Now that it’s a been a bit I’m thinking the whole gun a day giveaway really is scam. Lol, what a waste, I think I might down grade my account, this elite package is just a waste of money. The courses are boring and really don’t offer much….such a waste. They don’t even offer much in Colorado but water down beginner courses. I’ll give it June but I’m thinking I might cancel the whole thing and scrap uscca all together.

1 Like

Acknowledging the perspectives shared, besides the concerns of who get a “free gun give away lottery system”, the educational programs shared on the web site with reference to various topics, can be used as a refresher as well as laws pertaining the responsibilities of risks and benefits, of owning and carrying a firearm. One who consistently access the site, always learns about potential scenarios that “may” occur and allows to engender thought process for mental readiness and hope, never had to experience such scenarios.

4 Likes

Welcome aboard @Ranjan

Along with everything else, I agree that at a minimum it makes it possible to keep your head in the game!

3 Likes

Everyone is entitled to their view and opinion. If you believe the water down courses are of value. Hats off to you, that’s your opinion. Mine is it’s a waste, that is my view and my opinion.

1 Like

Welcome to the family brother @Ranjan and you are in the right place at the right time.

2 Likes

Thank you kindly, sir! :pray:t2::us::+1:

3 Likes

You must have not watched the Ask an Attorney video series…or emergency first aid fundamentals…or countering the mass shooter threat

4 Likes

I already have specific training in all that. Being an Infantry Vet that served two tours in Iraq and in my current role within my job. The course videos are water down. It doesn’t take a genius to read through a states legal code or city code. It doesn’t take a rocket scientist to read through case law and understand what is to carry, the legal obligation that comes with it and the understanding that the purpose is self defense. You have to be able to articulate the specific reasoning for employing a firearm and articulate clearly. It also doesn’t take a genius to employ a training regiment that is specific to hostile engagement and mitigation. I know that differs from some views here, but the only good thing about delta defense and uscca is the insurance that’s it. If you disagree that’s your opinion. Thanks for the comment.

Rules of engagement are absolutely different between military deployed to an active combat zone overseas, and private citizen CONUS. Military infantry experience is solid experience, but it’s no replacement for knowing how things work as a civilian private citizen. Yes, gun handling etc will feel “watered down” if you have extensive LE/Mil experience. After all, the USCCA isn’t training people to deploy for overseas wars

If you are only looking for training that requires a genius to understand, I don’t know what to tell you or where to look. That’s more, like, what, IDK, astrophysicist stuff where genius is required?

USCCA is about ordinary Americans keeping themselves and their families safe, it’s not about going to war

5 Likes

ROE is no different then civilian ROE. The circumstances are a little different. That’s where reading and understanding legal codes at the city, state, and federal levels come in. It’s something you do on your own. I don’t need an individual to recite to me a legal code that’s clearly written already. I don’t need an attorney to recite to me the inherent risk of an engagement when that risk is fully illustrated in plain language in our countries legal code and case law. It’s called taking personal responsibility and accountability to seek on that knowledge on your own way before an attorney in a video opens his/ her mouth.

In the terms of genius training or combat training. Exactly what is an engagement? Could it be combat?

ROE is different.

One of the great things about having the Protector Academy access is you don’t have as much of a requirement to look up and read and understand statutes and case law on your own. A lot of it is already understood and articulated for you by people like Tom Grieve. That is a useful thing for the majority of people to have access to (I would say, really, all non-lawyers)

You may spend your free time researching case laws across the country, but most don’t even know how to do that, that’s where things like the ask an attorney series are useful.

Seeking out education through something like the USCCA material IS taking personal responsibility and accountability to seek knowledge. It’s just a more time effective/efficient manner than starting from scratch finding case law on your own.

You are clearly convinced of what is best for you, and if that is to downgrade your membership and ignore all of the training and education offered because you already know everything, by all means, rock on, that is your choice (as it is and should be for each of us)

4 Likes