Gun Sweepstakes

Anyone log on just for the entry of the daily drawings? I know they post a winners list, it is just a list, I just wish it was posted a little more organized. I’m just curious if everyone here follows the same madness of logging into the site every day for 1:50,000 shot at the under value of the gun give away?

4 Likes

What do you mean by that? I would be happy to pass along any suggestions or ideas that you have!

4 Likes

I stopped a long time ago, when I suggested that if you’re already a member, you should just be automatically entered into every contest. I’m not a hoop jumper. You may not be either.

12 Likes

I’m not the biggest fan of hoops but this is a pretty easy one to jump through. I just go to the link below. My login and password are saved so it is 2 clicks. I do wish we could just be entered for visiting the site though. It would save some clicks and still get the the site visits they like. But I got lucky once so can’t complain!:slight_smile:

https://portal.usconcealedcarry.com/?redirectTo=https://my.usconcealedcarry.com/benefits/perks

3 Likes

Like any contests/lottery, the chances of winning are nearly the same if you play or not…so I stopped.

7 Likes

Can’t win if you don’t play:) That’s what the lotteries say but instead of 1 in several million you have a 1 in 30k or whatever chance. Plus 365 free chances per year. I enter things like this when I’m doing mindless things like waiting for an appointment, or making my wife’s coffee in the morning, etc.

3 Likes

What I mean by organized is by at least weekly or monthly list that is clearly dated. For that matter it could be organized by state/ region. I know as suggestions go this is one of those that’s on low end of concern for some but for others it’s part of the reason we log in and continue membership. With logging in every day it would be nice to at least see x amount of people won last week or during this previous month. So for current drawing then winners have not been announced. I mean that kind of organization. It would not be to hard to do and it would show that indeed there is a chance to winning not a novel inception that is stated as a possibility.

7 Likes

Thank you for the feedback and I completely understand where you are coming from.

The hard part can be, that not everyone who wins would like others to know that they are a winner. For privacy purposes, we do not release any of those details without the winners’ consent. Additionally, there are times when a winner does not respond for long periods of time or even responds at all to the email that they receive.

I will still be sure to pass along your suggestion for future ideas to add to our winner’s list page.

8 Likes

So, you will send me an E-mail to notify me that I won?

3 Likes

Yes. If you are the winner of the Gun a Day contest, you will be sent an email notifying you that you are a winner. That is the only method we would use to contact you.

You can call our customer service team as well to confirm it’s real because we certainly know there are a lot of scammers out there and some have pretended to be us in the past.

6 Likes

So is the gun a day tied in with the give aways from the uscca videos that happen after the videos?

2 Likes

Once upon a time it was. I used to do this when I remembered, and there used to be more reminders.

Then Delta “improved” the website to make it incompatible with my browser. Just logging in is a major hassle now — so I quit entering. The same “improvements” made access to the training and reference materials more hassle than they were worth — so I dropped my membership from Elite to Gold.

I enter promotional contests and seek educational content elsewhere now. Still interested in both, but only where the overhead load is tolerable.

2 Likes

My internet is pretty much worthless so trying to do video training is a frustrating waste of time:(

What browser are you using? When my internet is working I have really good luck with Mozilla’s Firefox. It seems more compatible than most and doesn’t try to steal and sell all your personal information like Chrome and others.

2 Likes

At least it’s not Zoom. I’m on satellite, so there’s latency to deal with — in addition to quotas, speed, and bandwidth. That said, I can usually pause-buffer-pause my way through a simple YouTube if I’m willing to accept erratic resolution. But it needs to be worth the hassle. The idle mindless streaming for entertainment I hear so much about is on somebody else’s internet.

Some of our neighbors are guardedly excited about StarLink. I’m off-grid, so the StarLink power requirements are currently killer — it would become the single heaviest electrical demand on our system (currently it’s the fridge). Just like burning coal to charge electric vehicles, I’m not going to start burning diesel to run an internet modem. Hopefully, the model becomes viable some day.

My problem with the USCCA offerings is a consequence of my choosing to use hardware until it fails or no longer serves my needs. So old laptop, iPad, flip phone, FitBit, etc are all running fine and capable — but they are abandoned/orphaned products, and no more OS or software updates. My main browser is Safari, and a handful of web platforms have dropped support for the newest version I can run. USCCA has has chosen to be one of them. This forum will run on the version of Chrome I can get, but other USCCA stuff is kind of hit or miss. Sure, there are other browsers and maybe one of them would do something I can’t now. I don’t have the energy for three (or more) modes of browsing just to access the “universally compatible” WWW. There will be a forced migration eventually — I can see it on the horizon. We’ll see what happens when the time comes.

2 Likes

Can empathize with the satellite internet woes. That’s what we have which was barely usable before my wife and I started working from home. Mr. Musk promised us Starlink last summer and is now promising the end of this year. I have little faith in his ability to provide an actually economicaly viable and reliable system but it is the only hope we have. The monopoly holding major providers have no interest in servicing out small town even though the fiber optic lines run less than 2 miles away from us. But they are happy to prevent smaller companies from moving in to fill the void.

3 Likes

We had a fiber burial project run past us this spring — trenched through our driveway, passing the mailbox. Part of a redundant backbone loop, which will add nothing locally. We can hit one cell tower, 20 air miles. Move 100yd to break LOS, and you’re back to “no service”.

Low earth orbit seems like the only path toward universal access currently seeing any movement.
:satellite: :artificial_satellite:

3 Likes

I believe it’s also the area where you live. I have been using the google browser and it works just fine.

3 Likes

I don’t think my problem is from using any particular brand of browser, but from using an older computer which will not run current versions of anything. Apple lost interest in Safari unless I buy a new computer. Google has been better about updating Chrome, so I use it for this forum without obvious problems. The Delta Defense login and educational resources “sort of” run on Chrome releases I can use — but awkwardly, and it’s just not worth the extra hassle to me.

3 Likes

@techs I hear you brother what about Firefox or internet explorer have you tried them.

3 Likes

I looked at Firefox back when I couldn’t bring Netscape to OSX — didn’t rev my motor. I’ve had enough exposure to Windows that I would not use a Microsoft product if there were any practical alternative. It all comes back around to having a full plate — nothing I’m willing to push off in order to get comfortable juggling yet another interface. That time will come, but entering sweepstakes will not be driving the migration. :grimacing:

3 Likes