Gun Control Hidden inside spending bill

It should come as no surprise but anti-gunners are trying to cram gun control through in their spending bill before they retire or lose their seats in November. Also remember that spending bills could get approved with a simple majority because of reconciliation rules. The Filibuster in the senate has been the only thing keeping the wolves at bay for a long time. Don’t fall asleep at the wheel on this one.

Hidden inside that funding bill for 2023 are TEN gun control provisions – including budget hikes for the ATF!

TEN gun control provisions hidden in the FY 2023 Commerce, Justice, Science Appropriations bill:

1. Massive ATF Budget Increase to Facilitate Biden’s Pistol Ban
2. Gun Registration Funding
3. Gun Confiscation Law Funding
4. Financial Benefits for Families of Deceased ATF Agents Killed or Injured on the Job while Enforcing Gun Control
5. Ammunition Background Check Study
6. Gun Control Research, Unbound by the Dickey Amendment
7. Anti-gun Community Violence Interventions
8. “Domestic Violence Firearms Lethality Reduction Initiative”
9. “Violent Anti-Government Ideology” Research
10. Gun Control Earmarks

Gun Owners of America (GOA) is starting their campaign with lawmakers to make sure this does not happen. Start by adding your name to the communications sent to lawmakers, and donate what you can to help this organization that is continuously taking up the fight for the 2A, and winning in many cases.

Follow the link below to add your name, and donate if you can.

6 Likes

It’s been said we need term limits in Congress.

You know what else we need to limit?

Number of pages :rage:
Exhibit A: obamacare that needed to be passed to find out what’s in it

7 Likes

Imagine if they spent our money on something of value to society instead.

6 Likes

It might just be me, but the link looks hinky to me. Maybe it’s legit, but I’ve never seen a GOA page that didn’t include their logo and contact info, as well as a way to make a donation.

maybe I’m getting paranoid. Just sayin’.

1 Like

Understood @David38 . I donate to GOA regularly so I’m on their e-mail list. I receive their e-mails with updates constantly. That is the link that was attached to yesterday’s e-mail. I used to always look at it twice when the link redirected me to this site (OneClickPolitics). After getting enough e-mails from GOA, I started to “trust” the link. It is a third party service that is used for sending e-mails to your congresscritter and senatecritters. The GOA Contact Us link also uses a different domain gunowners.net instead of gunowners.org, which also used to pop up my alarms.

You can sign up for alerts from GOA without donating, if you wish. The link is:

You’ll see a SIGNUP FOR ALERTS section on the right hand side.

As with most non-profit organizations you will always be receiving notices for donations. I figured I can support the organizations that fight for my rights, and win. Is it annoying? Sometimes, but I’d rather stay informed about all the fights going on.

4 Likes

Guns and Gadgets YTube Channel discusses the spending bill shenanigans.

Also a fact sheet from GOA with the spending bill hooey:

Please take action on this. We usually complain about the results of legislation, let’s act NOW to prevent this from taking place.

1 Like

The vote for this did NOT happen last night. However, it is very possible that it will happen today!

Please add your voice against this. As explained above, the link below IS for the Gun Owners of America third party site (OneClickPolitics) that contacts your representatives.

Donate if you can. You are not required to do so for the e-mails to be sent.

1 Like