Gun Belt

I am looking for a sturdy gun belt that doesn’t sag and needs constant adjusting. I carry a S&W 9M and my belt doesn’t seem sturdy enough. Any good recommendations.

3 Likes

Welcome to family @DanE14 glad to have you

1 Like

I have really good luck with the NexBelt EDC series belts.

12 Likes

Sturdiness is achieved in leather and web belting by increasing the thickness - the thicker the belt the less droop or sag. Throughout the course of the day leather will relax/stretch and require readjustment. Width is also a factor. Anything less than 1 1/2" will be prone to sag. Anything over 1 1/2" may not fit through your trouser loops. For maximum sturdiness look at belts with a metal core. Where you wear your belt is also a factor. For maximum performance it should rest on the top of your hips. The Catch22 here is that for many guys their hips are just not wide enough. If you are using a belt with holes to secure the buckle you will often find that the ideal place to achieve maximum tightness is halfway between two of the holes. Consider a ratcheting belt, which will generally give you 1/16" increments for tightening. IWB holsters seem (to me anyway) to be less prone to slipping than OWB. When I first started carrying I was told I would end up with a drawer full of holsters. They didn’t tell me I would also have a drawer full of discarded belts (although you never know when a strip of leather or some nylon webbing will come in handy. If you get into competition you rise to a whole different level of “belting.” Good luck.

6 Likes

I have a Versacarry that I have worn for 3 years with a 1911 on it and I am Pants on gun on and I love it.

4 Likes

I really like the Crossover belt from Crossbreed. Very sturdy and adjustable to any size increment needed.

4 Likes

Thanks for all the info. Appreciate your time.

2 Likes

Anyone use Hanks or WeThePeople belts? Also need to upgrade. I’ve also heard good things about the NexBelt.

4 Likes

I have 2 Versacarry belts, and I like them. Make sure you order the correct size. If you give your pants size, the belt will be 4" longer. I have no problem with either an IWB or OWB carry. I am sure glad my Dad never had one of these belts. I can imagine how that would feel on my backside.

5 Likes

Welcome to the Family @DanE14. We are happy to have you here. I agree with @45IPAC on the NexBelts. They have some great designs that last a very long time. There is also a 15% discount that you have access to within your Member Dashboard, under the Perks & Discounts Tab.

4 Likes

Welcome to the family @HMC_FMF_Mark. We are happy that you are here. I’m looking forward to you sharing your insight on topics within the Commuity.

2 Likes

Same here, sans the 1911, but if you like nice leather at a good price, I recommend versa carry as well.

3 Likes

I had a Hank’s and it was just okay. For leather I ended up with one from Beltman, but I primarily use EDC belts from NexBelt.

4 Likes

Do they come in a ratcheting type buckle?

1 Like

I like KORE Essentials. Variety of colors, materials and buckles.
Ratcheting system makes them prefect if you use different holsters or switch between IWB and OWB.
Kore always has 10% off for new customers.

6 Likes

Mine didn’t

3 Likes

Welcome @DanE14!

I recently bought a Kore Essentials tactical belt and really like it a lot. Keeps IWB holster snug and in place. The ratchet adjustments allow it to have the right fit whatever I’m wearing and whatever I put on the belt like and extra mag carrier or two.

6 Likes

Another way to achieve stiffness in a belt is stitching or gluing layers of thinner material together (i.e. lamination). I think that approach generally gives both more structure and more comfort than just a single layer of thicker web or leather.

I use a CYTAC 1.5" nylon web belt, with a thread-through 3-bar nylon buckle. I would call it intermediate stiffness between a steel core and a plain leather or nylon belt. The company doesn’t seem to sell the belts directly. I got mine from CrossBreed. Pretty economical at regular price, and I’ve gotten mine on very good promotional deals. Not sure where else they are sold. Three years in, they still look and function great — I don’t seek alternatives.

Appearance only works if a simple, tasteful utilitarian web belt will go with your wardrobe — the low-key tactical look generally, and whether your belt is covered or exposed.

2 Likes

Thanks for all the great information. Now just need to shop and research what works for me. This community board is great. Wished I started here earlier. Thanks again everyone.

5 Likes

check out Alien Gear Holsters gun belt. Only two colors, but works well, at least for me it does.

2 Likes