Favorite Carry Belt

I’ve seen a wide variety of belts designed for carry. Some are just thick leather, others have cores of a stiffer material. I’m curious what is your go to carry belt and why did you pick that one?

4 Likes

Nexbelt. It is stiff, holds firearm well, and it takes up in 1/4" increments for a nice snug fit.

7 Likes

I have been running a 511 belt 1+3/4 inch belt works fine and it is nice and stiff.

5 Likes

Wilderness frequent flyer. My first real gun belt was a wilderness instructor many years ago, they work and work well. I like that they are very easy on and off, and the end threads through belt/holster loops easily. It is also able to be left on when I walk through the TSA metal detectors, as the name implies. Also also, I like the pull-tight and velcro down design because it is essentially infinitely adjustable tension.

thebeltman.net for a leather belt, when looks matter, but mostly I wear untucked shirts and you don’t see the belt anyway

3 Likes

Versa Carry, sometimes with matching holster. I like leather and titanium, and haven’t seen any titanium belts

4 Likes

Never leave home without it! Polymer reinforced, never any sagging. Never have to readjust while exiting the car or a movie seat.
Everything stays in place. 15 years! They double as a tourniquet, and tie down at a 5,000 pound limit. 5.11 Operator belt.
Personally I don’t like anything smaller than 1.75”

7 Likes

Hank’s Belt, Montana Bison. Heaviest leather belt I’ve ever owned, but doesn’t scream — or even whisper — “tactical.”

5 Likes

I have a Versa Carry that I bought recently that looks like it could support a full size 1911.

I also have cheap leather dress belts from Amazon that I regularly use when carrying a Shield IWB.

4 Likes

@BlackHawk I use a black double stitch double thick leather belt without the inner core from thebeltman.net and it’s just right for using IWB or AIWB.

2 Likes

Looking for a new belt, used a heavy Wrangler belt, bought a thick leather belt but looking for a rachet type, thin, stiff with a buckle that will fit through the belt loops of jeans.

3 Likes

We always choose what works the best to keep the gear secured. Sturdy and stiff belt from KORE Essentials is my choice. With small buckle and ratcheting system it is the best one for me for AIWB carrying. It can also keeps full size 1911/2011 on place in OWB holster.

4 Likes

Hello, I’ll add my two cents…

Bison Designs “Last Chance” Heavy Duty 1.5" (38mm) belt. Double layer webbing with over 12 feet of sewing to stitch it together. High strength V-ring buckle. They come in at least 10 different colors and two buckle color options. Velcro keeper. Made in USA (Colorado).

Here are a few pictures of the grey webbing with black buckle:

Link to manufacturer’s website here.

Best regards,
Jason

4 Likes

@mattm and @BeanCounter
Concur with both. I have a Versa Carry belt and it is a very well-made piece for not too terribly much money.

5 Likes

Don’t eat too much cake! :cocktail: Happy anniversary, or whatever the cake implies.

4 Likes

@mattm
Birthday…and thank you :slightly_smiling_face:.

5 Likes

@BlackHawk I wear the Kore Essentials belt, almost every day, for the same reasons as James377. I also like that it does not look too tacti-cool while getting the job done. I also have a NexBelt that is designed the same way, but I got that one in a brown leather, for the days I want to dress up a little more.

3 Likes

Happy birthday @Wood and wishing you long life and prosperity

2 Likes

My choice! Very stiff and secure!

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08LDZZZ3C/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

5 Likes

@Johnnyq60
Thank you, sir. 54 years so far and way better than I deserve so I am thankful. :pray:

5 Likes

Hope you enjoy 54 more!

3 Likes