Gun apparel and white nationalism, is there a link?

i didn’t say 9line had “white supremacist intent”…i said they “may also be guilty of spreading that idealism”…that was the point of my post in the first place, to get some feedback as part of my personal research into this matter.

i didn’t say “nationalist”…i said “white nationalist”…i do recognize the difference.

jeez, i think you’re about the third person here to change my words just to be able to make your point

@Ben_Blanc - @Henry_A didn’t change your words, he disagreed with your premise. That is, that “white nationalism,” to co-opt a current phrasing “is a thing.” It isn’t, and those who purport to represent “white nationalism” hijack that phrasing in support of racism.

That having been said, good luck retrieving the phrase “white nationalism” from the racists.

As for your original question and the subject of this thread, of course there’s a link. It’s not intended by (most) clothing manufacturers and retailers, but it can be found by anyone willing to find it. That doesn’t make it any more real than rainbows flying out of unicorn butts. (I can say “butt” here, can’t I?)

I will ask that you are respectful in your disagreement. No one’s opinion is wrong. It is their opinion.

This Community is here to share and learn from each other about all things self-defense. Some off-topic conversation is allowed as long as it follows the Community Guidelines.

People are welcome to make their points - even if they disagree with you - as long as they do so respectfully.

1 Like

One - Yes, you can say butt here. :rofl:
Two - I 100% agree that if you’re looking for something you will find a way to see it whether it’s really there or not. You can put a spin on anything - guns, self-defense, t-shirt pictures, you name it, someone’s going to spin it whether that was the intent or not.

1 Like

not only did he change my words, he’s got you on his side agreeing, and it’s sad because he actually DID change my words, and even though you can simply re-read his comments you choose not to…a clear example of how “falsehoods”" can grow and spread, even in the absence of facts

@Ben_Blanc - unless you’re arguing about the difference between “white nationalist” and “white nationalism,” I think you need to reread your posts, mine and those of Henry_A. He used the same term you did.

Unless there’s a dog whistle in there somewhere…

1 Like

@Dawn are you implying that i am being disrespectful for saying his opinion is wrong?..please clarify

no sir, @Henry_A said…@Benny2; I disagree. The definition of Nationalist is a person that pledges allegiance to his Country.

he attempted to change “white nationalist” which is what i was speaking of, to “nationalist”…clearly 2 different things

Someone’s opinion cannot be wrong as it is their opinion - it is what they believe to be true. Opinion isn’t 100% fact.

it is “my opinion” that he is wrong…how does that make me disrespectful, please elaborate because i’m confused

Your disagreement with his opinion is your opinion. You’re welcome to that. But that doesn’t mean his opinion is wrong.

Let’s drop it. You and I are seeing two different things.

agreed…have a good day

1 Like

but his opinion IS wrong, there IS such a thing as “white nationalism”

still waiting to hear how i have been disrespectful here in this conversation

That is your opinion, @Ben_Blanc. He sees it differently. And in this Community, we respect someone else’s opinion. If you don’t agree, I’m fine with that. But telling someone their wrong in their opinion isn’t respectful.

I will ask that you are respectful in your disagreement. No one’s opinion is wrong. It is their opinion.

it is not disrespectful to tell someone they are wrong when in fact they are wrong, especially when it is “common knowledge”…matter of fact you are wrong for suggesting that.

@Ben_Blanc’s original question has been answered. This conversation has devolved and gone off-topic, so this topic has been closed.