Great (cheap) Ammo - AngelFire Ammo!

Just got my first order today. 250 223 and 250 9mm. We’ll see how it goes

1 Like

No bueno. You should never be able to see the bottom of the ammo can! LOL I’m really happy you’re liking it. I’m pushing them so hard everywhere because my previous favorite (Stand1Armory) went out of business and I don’t want to see Angelfire go the same way. This is not a cheap sport/hobby as we all know and it’s hard to find ammo at prices that will get us on the range more often, and keep us there for longer periods.

3 Likes

@JGCoder glad you did!

1 Like

Man, they sell out fast! I looked at what they had in .40 and then came back an hour later to buy it and missed out on one deal as they were sold out! The closest deal they had to it was almost as good but not quite. Next time there is a deal, I’ll buy it as soon as I see it.

2 Likes

Yeah they usually stock a lot of 9mm and .223. I think .40 and .45 are newer cartridges in their production.

2 Likes

Just received my first order of .223 and .45, Heading to the range tomorrow! Hubby’s been complaining lately of the dirty ammo we’ve been getting. Hoping this is as good and clean as everyone says…

2 Likes

My hubby commend on how shiny the brass is :heart_eyes: … and hes seen a lot of ammo.

1 Like

I just stumbled on this page and, though it’s a little old by now, I wanted to thank all of you who have tried and had good things to say about AngelFire. We’ve always cherished every good review. But the current state of the ammunition market makes them more valuable than they’ve ever been. Thank you!

4 Likes

@AngelFire

Thank you for having a great product! Also thank you for running sales as well. They sure do help those of us on a budget pick up some bulk ammo!

1 Like

@angelfire glad to see you here! Shooting your 9mm and 45 every week :grin: thank you!

2 Likes

@AngelFire

I see your .223 box of Pmags is on sale again! I’ve been waiting for that one to go on sale again for awhile, the last time I saw it on sale it was already sold out. Thank you I needed some more Pmags in my life.

1 Like

I was thinking of switching to 147 grain and these prices are nice! May use this as range ammo so I can spend the big money on Federal HST 147’s. My goal is to standardize the bullet weight for all my 9mms.

1 Like

147 is nice weight if you’re shooting suppressed. Out of curiosity why switch? I’m assuming you’re using 115 or 124 now. I know in the end it’s all about personal preference. HST is an awesome round. Federal has a new HST called “Deep” which was created for law enforcement and military. If you haven’t checked it out I highly suggest watching some of the reviews on Youtube!!!

2 Likes

I’m really looking for something thats great all around. I wont lie I was intrigued by the Ammoquest 9mm results. 147 grain Train & defend for the win but I’ll settle with HST. This is all still theory for me. I’m also looking into 115 Critical Defense.

1 Like

I carried critical defense for years… It’s a great round. BUT, I found that there are some firearms that it does not feed reliably 100% of the time in because of the shape of the bullet. And those were a couple of guns that I would have never ever expected… Not to mention, there is some question about terminal performance after passing through different types of clothing. So I went with HST almost 2 years ago with 100% success rates. Feeds all day everyday with no exceptions… I’m an FFL and even for me it’s cheaper most of the time… Again, all personal preference.

1 Like

Wouldn’t know anyone from USCCA if they walked up and smacked me but all the ones I have talked made me wish I knew them. Friendly people. I have a theory about alien pod people. You guys are to nice

2 Likes

I can attest we’re not alien pod people… Wait, would I know if I was an alien pod person? :thinking:

Send us a video of the best interaction you’ve had with a USCCA [alien pod] Person, @Zavier_D : We want to hear from you!

3 Likes

Sounds exactly like something an Alien pod person would say!

4 Likes

What grain do you use with HST?

1 Like

I carry 115gr. The reason is twofold. It’s a much faster, lighter bullet which means less muzzle flip in shorter barrels with more than plenty penetration. AND 115gr is the most common round (other than .22lr) bought and sold in the U.S… Plus it’s what I carry and train with. It all adds up to this - if SHTF I can use any 115gr (FMJ, JHP, whatever) and expect the same shooting experience regardless of manufacturer, which means more consistency. I HIGHLY suggest that whatever round and gr you decide to carry; train with it. It does make a difference.

2 Likes