Glocks are popular, but why? ;)

I always hated the factory take down and mag release.

1 Like

Absolutely.

1 Like

Iā€™m wondering why Walther and H&K lost the battle of US market with Glock. Was it the price? Or marketing?

1 Like

@Jerry reeeeally good marketing by the glock folks, lower price point, and high reliability.

One of their strategies was to offer police agencies huge trade-in discounts for existing firearms. That did three thingsā€¦ it made earlier and larger purchases possible, it removed the previous arms from the officerā€™s armory so they couldnā€™t swap back, and they sold those used arms on the secondary market, sometimes for more than the cost to manufacturer new glocks.

Add that to the reliability factor and better out-of-the-box quality (in many cases) and leverage the fact that FBI and many SWAT teams requested them (theyā€™re the subject-matter experts, right?), and youā€™ve got a clean sweep of the market.

Recommending this, itā€™s an excellent read
Glock: The Rise of Americaā€™s Gun

5 Likes

Right here is the difference between this forum and Facebook. Adult disagreements.

You donā€™t like glocks, no problem.
I know Glocks arenā€™t the only gun that go bang everytime. There are lots of reliable guns on the market.

We can give each other a hard time and move on with it.

BUT Glocks are the best. Lol

6 Likes

The only advantage I see to owning a Glock is the availability of extras and addons. As far as going bang every time or not being finicky with ammo, my M&P 2.0 does exactly the same. In just over a year Iā€™ve ran over 3000 rounds through it, blazer brass to Winchester white box to Hornady and Speer. Not a single malfunction.

I even tried to induce a malfunction by not cleaning and oiling it for the first 1500 rounds, and you all know how dirty Winchester white box is.

It doesnā€™t carry the name or the price tag that Glocks and Sigs do, but I will put my Smith and Wesson up against them all day every day. It just works every time I pull that trigger.

6 Likes

I like Glocks, I love Sigs, I choose Glocks for defense, when my wife felt most comfortable with Glocks, especially my G21sf it was an easy choice. We have his and hers Glocks, ARs and now shotguns for defense.

2 Likes

:grimacing: I would say SIG is better :innocent: But can anything be better if something is already the best :grin:

Whatever shoots every time you pull the trigger is a good tool.

3 Likes

That is definitely a great advantage to the Glock, @Spence! Itā€™s like the iPhone of guns.

Yes!! 1000xā€™s YES! I agree with you on that, @Jerzees! Any reliable firearm that you shoot well, are safe and comfortable enough to carry is a good gun for you.

Donā€™t you love that, @Sheepdog556? I am continually amazed at the awesome conversations here - and the self-monitoring of the helpful nature of the community. THANK YOU ALL!!

6 Likes

I donā€™t like iPhones either lol

10 Likes

@Spence seems to be a trouble maker! :rofl:

2 Likes

@Dawn -> thatā€™s the reason I love this forum. The perfect will be to discuss all of these face to faceā€¦ guns :gun: , beer :beers: and handshake :handshake:
Maybe one dayā€¦ :raised_hand_with_fingers_splayed:

2 Likes

As long as the beer and guns are not together, Iā€™m with you on that! :smiley:

Come on up to the headquarters and visit! Weā€™ll go to the range after a tour, @Jerzees!

2 Likes

Letā€™s try to find out if Glocks have anything common with IPhonesā€¦:thinking:

1 Like

Sorry, I was thinking about ā€œgun talkā€ :point_up:
:grin:

2 Likes

Iā€™d love toā€¦ due to my work schedule itā€™s not possible now. But one dayā€¦probably after I retireā€¦:joy:

2 Likes

I hear you on that, @Jerzees! I work 7 days a week at this point. :stuck_out_tongue: And on vacationsā€¦ Good thing I love talking to you all so much!

4 Likes

ATFE - Alcohol Tobacco Firearms Explosives! If the fed can put them all together, why canā€™t we? (Just kidding)
We had company in town this past weekend, my wifeā€™s sister was in for a conference and brought her significant other. Girls went the the conference on Friday night while SO and I headed to the range. He hadnā€™t shot in 20 years but got him to a good place after knocking a little of the rust off.
Saturday, after the conference ended, we all went to ā€œFlying Axes.ā€ It is an axe throwing place and they sell alcohol. They monitor folks closely but I cannot imagine what they have to pay in liability insurance, even with the waivers they make you sign. Unlike when you shoot at the range, axes come flying back at you!

2 Likes

@MikeBKY

I resemble that remark!

3 Likes

Glock has definitely stood the test for me. Although, itā€™s based on preference and someone here at the USCCA has encouraged me to try a Sig.

However, Glock is what Iā€™m swearing too because itā€™s tried and true. To emphasize on the Glock, itā€™s known for its reliability and built with pride. Not to mention the firearm is very easy to clean and does not require a lot of maintenance unless you do it for fun like most of us on here.

2 Likes