Getting fingerprints for FL ccw during covid

I live in MInnesota and cannot find a law enforcement agency that will do fingerprints now due to covid, and Florida will not accept my application without them. Anyone have a solution?

2 Likes

Surely there must be a cop shop, sheriff office or county mounty somewhere near you. Perhaps a nearby town, small suburb. Bring your own ink pad?

Check out these links, @Corey30

https://mn.gov/boards/cbc/process/fingerprinting-locations.jsp

While MN allows other locations, FL definitely wants it done by law enforcement.

It does look like Florida requires it be done at a law enforcement location:
https://www.fdacs.gov/Consumer-Resources/Concealed-Weapon-License/Applying-for-a-Concealed-Weapon-License/Submitting-Fingerprints-Electronically-for-a-Concealed-Weapon-License-FAQ

It sounds like you can get it done with a screening before:

https://dps.mn.gov/divisions/bca/Pages/Fingerprinting.aspx

Let us know if that works!

Nope. When I called the BCA, they asked what I needed fingerprints for. When I said a Florida CCW permit, they said they weren’t doing that right now.

Living in Northern Illinois, I had a heck of a time getting my Florida CCL renewed.
Florida requires an original fingerprint ink Form.
Went to my local Police Department (actually three different times as I was “sent away” each time because they were “processing someone”. Three times I brought a dozen doughnuts.

On forth time, they looked at the Out of State Florida Form and said “Oh, we do not do out of state forms”.
Went to a private agency associated with the County Courthouse who did it.
Sent it to Florida. Florida rejected it.
I called all the Police Departments around me along with the Sherriff’s Department.
Police Departments would not even consider if I did not live in their community.
Sherriff’s Department would not do it.

Almost funny as I know a number of City and Village Officials in these communities but I did not “drop any names”.
Finally, one of the local Police Officer’s said to wait a day and then call a particular officer at my community’s Police Department.
He made a call and, after two failed attempts (again due to Folks being “processed”), I got it done.

Was past my Florida timeframe/deadline by then but sent in all the paperwork with a letter outlining in detail my attempts.
Success!

Hope this info helps.

1 Like

Yikes. Guess I’ll have to wait until covid restrictions start easing. Thanks to everyone who responded.

1 Like

There are some “pack and ship” / FEDEX or UPS outlets that do passport photos and offer fingerprint services.

@Corey30 I was in Florida last month and while there I took my CCW. Fortunately for me I was able to get my fingers rolled at the same time. Let me know if you plan to order cards online. I will PM you where I made my purchased. If by chance you know a LEO that will roll them, make certain the agency name is listed on the back of the card. If not, they will be rejected.

Thanks. So far, the LEOs in my area are all declining to do finger prints at this time. I don’t have any plans to go to Florida anytime soon, so I guess I’ll just have to hold on to my paperwork and hope I can get acceptable prints before my deadline.

I wonder if your local range in MN offers a course for FL CCL, whereby if the instructor is LEO, he/she might do the prints. Too early for me to retire, but dream of retiring in Minnesota.

Thanks! I’ll check out the place where I got my Minnesota CCW certificate.