FYI - Don't do this

I setup six targets throughout three rooms inside the house to dry fire train a few times during the day.
This day I forgot to take them down and when my wife arose 5am the next morning the yelling probably woke the neighborhood.
Yep, the first one she saw when leaving the bedroom, in the somewhat darkness, scared the h*ll out of her.
This is an FYI to all, you don’t want your wife in a bad mood 5am and coming at you in bed because you forgot to clean-up after practice.

22 Likes

That is not my only reason to taking my targets down. I am scared I might shoot them again after I load my gun even though I say out loud I am loading my gun when I do.

9 Likes

Happy Anniversary @Robert1246

5 Likes

These are my dry fire targets. They stay up all the time and no complaints from the wife :rofl:

Edit: I have met Lee Haney in person, one of the nicest people you will ever meet

6 Likes

I’m not married, so I don’t have that issue to worry about.

I will say that I’m a little relieved to know I’m not the only one who has targets hanging in their house for dry fire training. I always look at it when I’m not using them and think to myself, “Wow, you have targets hanging all over the house…maybe you are a little crazy”

Thank you for letting me know I’m not alone! :smiley:

13 Likes

If it will help you feel saner, this has been hanging on my door for years now.

I use my simu ammunition for this and my phone has app that tracks every shot for that days training.

9 Likes

It could have been worse

6 Likes

OK, maybe a couple here and there but they aren’t people like…

4 Likes

Just don’t leave a window open. The Tic Tok pellet challenge is going strong in SLC.:grin:

2 Likes

Yup! That’ll probably do it.

4 Likes

With that target, OH YES!!!

4 Likes

Oh man! for sure. Did she holler at you lol :us:

2 Likes

I guess a full length mirror in the bedroom on the way to the bathroom is out of the question.

5 Likes

you are not alone by a long shot :+1:
I even have some dry fire targets in my basement (scares the hell out of my wife) :joy:

3 Likes

Best laugh I’ve had all day. I needed that. Thanks!

I use my SIRT and just “shoot” light switches, pictures on the wall, little figurines around the house, etc.

3 Likes

I appreciate this more than you know!

1 Like

I definitely have a few of the mantis laser academy targets sitting across some shelves on a bookshelf haha I sometimes forget that might not be a normal thing lol

2 Likes

Anyone own an itarget cube yet?

1 Like

Ok, this is the only thing I could think of when I saw your name. How frequently do you get LETS GO, BRANDON? Sorry, for thread derail. back to our regularly scheduled broadcast.

3 Likes

I like to move beyond stationary targets for dry firing, so I watch C&N and The Veeu.

1 Like