"Funny" Shirts?

An instructor candidate was wearing this shirt at our training this weekend. It wasn’t a special order or specially made just for him. It’s readily available on Grunt Style’s website.

It made me pause and I, of course, had to bring up the legal aspect of the shirt. He knew the legal aspect and was willing to take the risk.

Knowing the numerous possible pitfalls of being a responsibly armed American, where do you personally draw the line on different “risks”?

Please don’t list any illegal/possibly construed as illegal behavior.

I know it might be used against me, but I would:

• Wear sarcastic, funny and/or gun shirts
  • Modify my firearm
  • Make logical statements about self-defense on social media
  • Have stickers/window clings/welcome mats that show that I am pro-2A
  • Other (please elaborate in the comments)

0 voters

At some point we still have to be ourselves. I will wear sarcastic shirts, shirts with hunting/fishing and pro-gun statements, I’m actually looking at modifying my gun (sight upgrades), and I see zero issue with logical statements about self defense on social media.

Logical being something like “In this situation I would head for the nearest exit and do what I can to avoid an encounter” or “I would cross the street to avoid such individuals and do everything in my power to avoid them.” I don’t consider something like “Mozambique that sucker” to be “logical”.

3 Likes

I won’t wear or encourage others to wear clothing that carries with it a message that could at some point be used against myself or them.

If you’re going to carry you really need to be the most bland, nondescript, plain vanilla person you can be in public and keep in mind, everything we do online is very public and exists forever on storage servers somewhere.

At the same time I’m outspoken on 2nd Amendment Rights, carry rights etc but always using caution not to appear like someone looking for an excuse to shoot someone or as to appear at all unhinged.

4 Likes

:white_check_mark: post and discuss on USCCA community
:white_check_mark: discuss firearms and CC concepts with people
:white_check_mark: discuss 2A, laws, infringement issues
:white_check_mark: wear “shoot like a girl” clothing, hats

6 Likes

Only on Social Media, and this is the ONLY account I have. No Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn or other. I enjoy the banter and sharing here, and here only.

4 Likes

I try not to say or write anything that can be used against me should that bad day happen, hopefully it never does, that I have to deploy my firearm.
I do have the T-Shirts that say things like; “I’m Ammosexual” or “iPac” “I shoot every fifth anti gunner and the fourth one just made me mad” or “Don’t say anything about my owning a gun and I won’t say how stupid you are for not owning one”, but I never wear them in public.

4 Likes

To the bolded, you probably should consider burning that one. :laughing:

1 Like

@Dawn, how about carrying that Trump MAGA 1911? Is that asking for it?

2 Likes

I’m not carrying it. I’ll look at it a lot though.

1 Like

@WildRose What is your opinion on a plain T-shirt with just a Cabelas or Bass Pro Logo Charles?
Yes or No?

1 Like

I don’t wear clothing that indicates I carry. I do wear military shirts, as long as they don’t reference killing. I have no stickers on my car. I don’t do general social media. Facebook is the devil. I just don’t want to give away the fact I carry. Surprise is to my advantage. In my personal office I have punisher skills and other pictures. In public I hide my leanings like my 1911 in a supertuck holster.

1 Like

You didn’t ask me, but The shirts you describe shouldn’t be a problem. Both Bass Pro and Cabela’s offer lots of merchandise having nothing to do with firearms, and their logos are not particularly aggressive or bloodthirsty. No different than wearing a WalMart tshirt.

Regards.

1 Like

@Zee, I think your answer is spot on. As for me, I believe in being the ‘grey man’. I have a USCCA Sticker on the back window of my truck, and that is about as far as I will go. I do not want ANYONE to know or think that I am armed, and will go to great lengths to avoid that, like wearing a t-shirt promoting peace-which I know we are all in favor of. My USCCA and NRA shirts and hats are reserved for range days and gun club meetings.

2 Likes

Thank Dave, someone also mentioned that we should not advertise about Fishing as well (or at least I thought I read it) from our group. What say you??

1 Like

My opposition to shirts and stickers is strictly about how they may eventually used against me in court. It would be quite a stretch to equate fishing with a desire to kill people. Many millions fish on a regular basis without demonstrating dangerous violent tendencies. I know several avid fisherman, the kind who spend as much on fishing as we do in shooting, who wouldn’t even handle a firearm, much less own one.I

It’s true that wearing a Bass Pro logo will piss off someone. You can’t do anything without pissing somebody off. For pity’s sake, there are people who will get mad at you for going to church, or buying girl scout cookies. You can’t please everyone.

2 Likes

@David38. Seriously isn’t that the truth! Sad testimonial for we Americans that this nonsense is allowed

1 Like

Really? What’s the problem with bass pro?

2 Likes

You haven’t seen the people that go to rivers/lakes just to harass those fishing? Hit up YouTube to see it in all its glory. @David38 is correct, people get pissy over just about anything and everything these days.

1 Like

It glorifies the barbaric and bloodthirsty practice of murdering innocent fish.

2 Likes

Pretty much… All we can do is be our best selves - respectful, responsible, and always learning.

3 Likes