Friday Fun: Show Us Your Hawaiian Shirts!

Adopting the “Grey Man” mentality is a great way to fly under the radar when you’re carrying. Non-descript clothing that doesn’t draw attention to you will help you blend in to the crowd.

But sometimes, non-descript clothing makes you stand out. In summer, a Hawaiian shirt may be just what you need to play it cool.

For fun this Friday, let’s see your favorite Hawaiian shirts!

2 Likes

Don’t have one, have I considered one, yes.

Not my style :yum:
I bought one 10 years ago, probably for fun, but never wore it.

1 Like

This is 1/10 of my collection, I own the closet! Some people (wives) have thousands of shoes, I have hundreds of Hawaiian shirts. I live in an extremely hot environment and furthermore every time I leave the house I look like a tourist. My area and job are supported by the tourism industry.
Plus I gained a love for a Hawaiian shirts while living in Hawaii. They are extremely comfortable and you can’t tell I’m carrying an M-249 Squad Automatic Weapon. “Belt fed” under my shirt. I recommend cotton and batik over rayon.

Have been in the art business for thirty years plus, I blend😎

6 Likes

I’ve been running Hawaiian shirts since the “photographers vest” became a dog whistle for “he’s got a gun”. There are also shirts from PR and the PI that I can never seem to remember the name of. Light, cotton or silk hang down below the tops of your bluejeans pockets and cover bang sticks very well if IWB.

I have “traditional” Hawaiian shirts where the full color “pattern” is sewn inside out to give it a subdued look as well as some really loud obnoxious ones that I use to hide in plain sight.

Cheers,

Craig6

3 Likes

I’d wear a Hawaiian shirt except I can’t grow a good Tom Selleck moustache.

2 Likes

@Ouade5 Magnum didn’t make the shirt the shirt made Magnum.

Since the Wuhan Flu my hair and beard have gotten so long that my wife said I am starting to look like Jeff Bridges “The Dude” or mebby Sam Elliot (I’ve been told by more than one that I sound like him and have a great radio voice). I have more hair on my head now than I did when I was in High School (I went in the 80’s) if I pull it all back and grab it I can feel hair on the other end of my fist which conceptually means I can have a pony tail. I’m half debating not getting a hair cut until Normal returns just to see how long I can get it since I’m past the part that usually causes me to get it cut off.

Cheers,

Craig6

3 Likes

I was stationed at Pearl Harbor for 3 years & retired a year later. We had ALOHA FRIDAY which meant you wore an Hawaiian shirt on Friday, I still have my shirts from 92-94. They are old but comfortable. lol

5 Likes

Wore my USCCA Hawaiian shirt the other day. It’s in the laundry so no picture. :wink:

2 Likes

I grew up in South Florida. So, I had the obligatory collection of Hawaiian shirts and colorful ties … until I moved to Dallas and got married. Now, the Boss (from AZ) has disappeared the Hawaiian shirts and forbids my wearing of tasteful ties on Sunday.

Somehow, I have grown up to be an old fuddy-duddy.

1 Like

@Robert_D3 you’re not supposed to grow up. If you want to feel like a kid again wear the ties and the shirts on the down low.

I love Hawaiian shirts, and have enjoyed my visits to the islands…however I have a confession to make…I have outgrown those shirts, and my puka shells are too small. My magnum stache is grey. The good news is that my pony tail is getting longer.

2 Likes

Craig sir…mebby we can start a thread of the pony tail frolicking dudes!!! Lol lol

Great point! Grey man is different in different areas. I’d stand out like a sore thumb with a Hawaiian shirt… Somehow @KevinM can pull off just about any look including the Hawaiian shirt!

3 Likes

Do you remember @KevinM showing his Hawaiian shirt last year? Do you know how many handguns he was able to conceal? :wink:

Here he is:

2 Likes

That’s the exact video that convinced me to join USCCA!

2 Likes