Friday Favorite: Place to buy ammo?

Since that big box store will no longer be selling ammo, people will be looking for other places to purchase their ammo.

imageWhere’s your favorite place to buy ammo?

Links to online vendors are welcome here.

1 Like

Local gun store (shout out Wrigely’s)

SGA Ammo online.

I’ve ordered a lot from Freedom Munitions in the past but think they’re having “issues” so I haven’t purchased anything from them in a while.

Lucky Gunner, looks good also I’ll be giving them a try over the next few months.

1 Like

Hood’s Gun’s and More(local store) and Underwood

It’s just a 40 minute drive away, so, it’s local too.

2 Likes

PSA, Grab A Gun and Streichers.

1 Like

unless my hubby is reloading :slight_smile:

I used to swear by AmmoToGo but I check out SGAAmmo on @JamesR’s recommendation and found my carry ammo (Federal 147 gr. LE HST)for $10 less per box of 50 and with better shipping charges. It was nice that before the transaction was over there was a pop up saying you could add X more boxes without paying additional postage. So I added 2 more boxes. Thank you @JamesR!

2 Likes

I’ve used Lucky Gunner and they do have good prices per round but the shipping jumps the price. I have switched over to Targetsportsusa.com. Although their price per round appears to be higher, they end up being cheaper due to free shipping. The catch is you have to buy 1000 rounds at a time in order to get free shipping which may be a problem for some people.

2 Likes

Another vote for sgammo.com they’re where I buy like 90% of my ammo

Second choice is luckygunner.com

After that, midwayusa, PSA, Brownells if the sale price is right

1 Like

SGAmmo and AmmunitionDepot unless the LGS is having a sale on range ammo.

1 Like

I found sportsmanguide.com hard to beat until they stopped offering free shipping for ammo orders. Since then I’ve been using targetsportsusa.com. In addition to all bulk orders being free, you can pay $95 for the year of prime membership and then all ammo shipping i free. This is flexible and works well for me.

Best place to start is AMMOSEEK.com. You can choose your caliper, type etc, and it will give the stores that have the lowest prices.

1 Like

I get emails from target sports all of the time. Maybe I will give them a look see.

1 Like