Friday Favorite: Folding Knife

There are so many options for carrying a knife. Do you like knives with extra gadgets or do you prefer the single folding blade?

What is your favorite folding knife for carrying?

7 Likes

Fox 479 Karambit. I have the carbon fiber handle version.

10 Likes

My Hogue EX01 with black g-mascus handle and deep carry clip

9 Likes

@BJP,@Dawn,@ScottH - I carried a folder for years. My dad gave me my first
folder. Then I got to thinking about getting it out and getting it open. Mine were
assisted so that happened pretty quick. I wanted to eliminate steps to have
a open knife so I commissioned a knife maker in Alberta, and he made my persian
fighter. It has a 6 in. fixed blade is well balanced and carries concealed well.! Remember that is just me and you have to practice with what ever knife you carry ! Persian Fighter|243x500

6 Likes

No favourite brand. Just portable, one hand operated with 1.5 in blade.

10 Likes

I carry a Benchmade AutoStryker. Absolutely love it.

8 Likes

I literally just came here to ask the same question!
…are you reading my brain?

I think knives are an important 2A topic and one that’s often overlooked. In some states or cities, people have been arrested for carrying knives or multi-tools, even though it’s a tool required for their job!

I usually carry a multitool or small pocket knife, depending on what I’m doing and how I’m dressed. Most are too small or too slow for self-defense, unless my enemy is some dirt under my fingernail or plastic packaging.

For honest self-defense knives, I have a few options. I’ve consistently been carrying larger knives since things got crazy. I have some fixed blades waiting in the house that I don’t carry.

I have to laugh at myself, though, because for all this talk of self-defense, I am pretty low-skilled with knives. If I get in a situation where I’m in a knife fight, I’ve already lost.

5 Likes

Shhhhh… you’re not supposed to know I’m a mind reader. :innocent:

8 Likes

Nice looking knife, @MikeBKY

7 Likes

Like I said, I absolutely love mine. There are times when I am traveling through certain adjoining states.

4 Likes

I have 4, that serve different daily purposes.
A small Smith and Wesson brand for when I’m a certain place, that I go for 40-50 hours, that thinks we’re all 5 and can’t handle sharp objects.

A Buck 450T for all than “around the house” stuff, including accidentally stabbing myself.

A USCCA branded CRKT M16(favorite) for my EDC carry.

Last but not least, a Buck 112. My dad gave it to me, 35 years ago. Although the blade is worn, it is still sharp. This is a sentimental workhorse.

Honorable mention. Buck 110 Hunter. I carry this for deer hunting.

6 Likes

I routinely carry 2 folders with 2 more attached to lanyards in my car. They must be assisted opening, a bevel for glass breaking, and a seat belt cutters. I also have a tool in mid console, dash, and both doors that all do the same. Plus several knives in get home bag. As well as 2 multi tools.

I keep so many rescue blades, because

1. If/When you are in a wreck, stuff in your car goes everywhere. I want to have some hope of finding a blade to hopefully help me cut my way free of the car.

2. Without getting graphic. It only takes one call to a wreck where someone needed a way to cut themselves free and couldn’t for that to haunt you the rest of your life. I can get in my car with a blindfold on and touch every single rescue blade in my car. I’ve practiced that.

Then of course there are my 2 EDC SD blades.

7 Likes

I always have a Leatherman Skeletool with me. I surprise myself at how often I use the gadgets, it a handy little knife.

7 Likes

Osborne 940 half serrated. Been carrying for a few years. Great knife! Plus they do have incredible customer service!

5 Likes

My backup that’s alway in my car is a 20 yo S&W Millennial Edition SWAT folding knife. Nearly identical in size to the Stryker but a little heavier and not auto.

5 Likes

These are the two I carry most, CRKT. FOSSIL and the top knife is one I made. :wink:

6 Likes

There’s one “knife” that I always take whenever possible; traveling, daily EDC, etc. It’s the Leatherman Juice S2 (DC’ed)… but I usually use all the other things on it and rarely use the knife.

However, I tend to carry a second dedicated knife that is easy to open one handed, comfortable to use, etc. Too many options to list.

7 Likes

I go with single folding blades.

I have a Kershaw Cryo II as my main favorite knife.

I also keep a couple of Kershaw Axles and S&W extreme ops always in the cars with my tools

8 Likes

My pocket folder for the last decade or so is a 4" button assist gut hook blade, and recently picked up a new 3.5" Shrade push dagger in kydex sheath for boot/belt carry. There’s a dagger that lives in the car, along with a folding boxcutter, both of which come in handy now and then.

4 Likes

Hi, new on the forums, these are my daily carry. Fox karma it and my southern grind Jackal

7 Likes