Florida on its way

On the tv news this evening the Florida Governor, DeSantis, announced he would push to sign a CONSTITUTIONAL CARRY LAW for the state.
:pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray:

22 Likes

Another way to protect the country of Florida!

9 Likes

It’s a wave of Constitutional Carry sweeping the nation, I tell you what

13 Likes

Actually, he announced that he would push for a constitutional carry law a few weeks ago, before the current special session of the legislature had even convened. We still need to see such a bill introduced in the legislature and passed in both houses.

He may have made this announcement as a public push for a senator or representative to introduce a bill with that outcome.

5 Likes

Isn’t there a loop hole in Fla law? If you are out fishing or going to and from fishing and a few other outdoors things you can open carry.

Check out The Armed Fisherman on YouTube

2 Likes

I check the Florida statues years ago and found that a person could carry open while fishing, hiking state parks and also some county statues allow it hiking and camping.
Florida has been a good state for us sportsmen. Like anything it can always be better.

9 Likes

The YouTube guy gets the cops called on him all the time. So unless you want to make a point, it’s not worth it to me.

4 Likes

That is awesome. I hope that everything goes smoothly so it can go into effect.

3 Likes

Open carry and Constitutional carry are not exactly the same.

Generally, open carry means carrying openly, not concealed.

Constitutional carry, generally, refers to the ability to legally carry a concealed handgun without a license.

7 Likes

My definitions are different from yours. Open carry IS constitutional carry. This urge to permit everyone to carry concealed is not a big deal, just as getting a concealed carry permit is pretty easy in Florida. The problem is that carrying concealed in the Florida summer means that people have to carry mouse guns in order to have one that can be concealed.

2 Likes

As far as I can tell, there is no official bureaucratic or legally established definition of constitutional carry. There are two slightly different common usages of the term, and each can be found in various news and commentary articles. One occurs in locales where there is already no restriction on open carry; for those states constitutional carry refers to permitless concealed carry. In other sites where open carry is not already in place, the broader meaning of constitutional carry is that no permit is required for either open or concealed carry.
I prefer the latter because the 2A says shall not be infringed, so in my mind allowing open but not concealed carry is an infringement, and thus unconstitutional.

7 Likes

Open carry is not-concealed carry. Open carry means it is out in the open and people can see it. This is often defined by law.

Constitutional Carry is not necessarily a formally and uniformly defined thing you can find in statutes across the country like open carry, but, it means you don’t need prior written authorization from the government to carry. It means you don’t need a permit.

In common use Constitutional carry refers to concealed or to both congealed/open. A number of states have allowed permitless open carry for years, but required a permit to conceal, and were never known as Constitutional carry states. That phrase didn’t come up until concealed was allowed without a permit.

Which does mean that Constitutional carry and open carry are not mutually exclusive. It can be both at once, I suppose, as long as permitless concealed is also legal, permitless open carry could be considered Constitutional carry

Absolutely!

6 Likes

Yes my state just actually passed constitutional carry the law goes into effect on June 12th sorry I live in OHIO. There is a guy that lives across the street from me who is just something else all he does is drink and run his mouth about being Abel to carry soon lol I got tired of hearing it the other day and said look man you can’t carry and be drunk it’s against the law he just looked at me I have lived here for 7 or 8 years now and I don’t ever remember seeing him sober.

2 Likes

I’d stay as far away from that neighbor as possible.

3 Likes

I do I do t usually even look his way he just sits on his porch getting hammered and talks crap to everyone in the neighborhood even the little kids I tell my kids to not even looks his way if he says any to them.

1 Like

Unfortunately, people like that will be used as a reason to strip everyone’s right to bear arms just to prevent one person with a disorder from obtaining one. Its how we got to where we are now. Being cautious around obviously troubled people is a part of life that we cannot avoid. Its part of being free.

4 Likes

Apart from the Constitutional argument, we need a CONSTITUTIONAL CARRY LAW to protect Concealed License carriers from prosecution for inadvertently making their weapon visible, if a CWL is still required for concealed carry.

2 Likes

Well I have not looked at Florida’s constitutional carry law but many states do not extend the same rights to constitutional carry they do to someone with a carry permit.

1 Like

I wish Illinois would do the same.

2 Likes

Fat chance.

1 Like