Florida votes yes on SB 150 Constitutional Carry

10 Likes

Does Florida only have 19 representatives? I like that. My state has so many that I canā€™t find a parking place when theyā€™re in town.

6 Likes

If Iā€™m right, now it goes to full senate, for a vote and bill that matches the House Bill.

5 Likes

But will it change the open carry laws? Right now Florida is CONCEALED only.

3 Likes

No it wonā€™t. No open carry.
Which makes this bill a bit of a loophole.
If caught within 1000ā€™ of a school with concealed weapon and no ā€œlicenseā€ Iā€™m afraid thatā€™s ( not constitutional ) itā€™s jail time.

4 Likes

Hell yes!!! If I have to leave Arizona if it getā€™s any more corrupted by the Left, Florida is my destination. The only thing that was holding me back, was the lack of Constitutional Carry. Finally, that is no longer an issue!

4 Likes

What about their State Bird, the Burmese Python?:grinning:

4 Likes

I thought open carry would be subject to jail time as well under that law? Think you either need a license to carry or a cased and locked firearm?

Would love to see that law repealed. Suspect there are 10s of thousands of law abiding people who unknowingly break that law every day. Iā€™m also willing to bet good money that law has never stopped a single criminal from committing a crime near a school.

3 Likes

I think Scott52 is speaking directly to concealed Constitutional carry there as open carry would be straight illegal already. But yes the silly 1k foot school zone thing seems to apply to open or concealed

3 Likes

So just looked into this a little further. Everyone talks about the gun free school zone act and I always assumed it was still in effect. But doesnā€™t this ruling say otherwise?

Or was a new law enacted after this one was overruled? Itā€™s ridiculous if not outright criminal that we are all expected to need a lawyer on retainer and on speed dial in order to practice a constitutionally protected right without getting arrested for doing so.

Fortunately I have a license but the only way to get in and out of my part of town is to drive by a school. I guess they expect all the constitutional carriers and hunters/target shooters who access the town and the forest service land up the road to stop 1000ā€™ before the school, get out of the vehicle unload their firearms, lock them in cases drive 1000ā€™ past the school, and then repeat all the steps in reverse. That just makes everyone a lot less safe. Not to mention that the school zone isnā€™t marked so youā€˜d have no idea there is even a school there until you are well inside the zone.

1 Like

Which came first?
The road you drive on everyday or the school that was built 1000ā€™ of that road?

1 Like

I would love to get a CCL license for the state of Florida I have mine for Illinois

1 Like

Do it! You can do it entirely by mail. They will mail you fingerprint cards you can take in locally to have done. Mail it all back. Once you get everything together and get it to FL, they tend to be very fast

2 Likes

Thank you so much! I might do that this week on my day off. Cool

2 Likes

Respectfully Everette1 - Constitutional carry means no permits - no license - no tests - if you are 18 without a felony you can carry - I havenā€™t followed the FLA law. Still, here in Indiana, we have constitutional carry and it is an open/closed state rarely do you see open carries.

We moved from IL in 2019 - donā€™t miss that fat fu*k of a governor.

Political factoid: in my lifetime - Iā€™m 71 - 55% of Illinois governors (4) went on to become convicted felons serving prison time.

photo

Mitch Rezman
CEO/CMO, SuperEZSystems

773-848-0687 | Mitch@SuperEZSystems.com

SuperEZSystems.com

618 E Commercial Ave Lowell, IN 46356

App Social Buttons ImageApp Social Buttons Image

5 Likes

Sounds great! One day my goal is to move out of Illinois. Itā€™s corrupt

3 Likes

Where I live, they just built a school across the street from a residential area. I guess everyone who lives across the street from that school and may have firearms is now a felon.

1 Like