Florida on its way

Correction, I was responding to Robert_G, Illinois won’t do it.

1 Like

Well, Florida State House has announced that they would not have the time this session to hear Florida’s Constitutional Carry Bill.
When at first you don’t succeed, try, try again…

2 Likes

Actually there does not seem to be enough votes in the Republican-dominated Legislature to pass the legislation should he sign the proposal if proposed. His opponent in the upcoming election is Agricultural Commissioner, Nikki Fried. In Florida, the concealed carry licensing is controlled by the Agricultural Department. Regardless, should anyone want to carry when visiting out of state, that person would still need to obtain a carry permit. That is the problem I see with any Constitutional Carry law.

2 Likes

If you were going to another CC state (destination), following FOPA guidelines would get you there. With the amount of CC states, this is getting easier, though doing the lock box/ out of reach thing in transit stinks.

3 Likes

And don’t even go into a state like NJ with jacketed hollow point cartridges. States like that prefer that if you have to defend yourself, let the full metal jacketed round pass through and hit someone else.

3 Likes

You don’t necessarily have to be traveling to a state where you are able to legally carry for FOPA to apply, you simply need to be traveling to a jurisdiction/state where you are legally able to possess the firearm you are transporting (from a state where you can legally possess it)

https://www.usconcealedcarry.com/resources/traveling-with-firearms/private-vehicles/

1 Like

What’s the difference between carry and possess? Looking at it vs. being able to touch it?:sweat_smile:

2 Likes

If the gun is unloaded and locked in a safe in the trunk of your car separate from ammo, you possess it.

If the gun is in your bedroom while you sleep, you possess it.

If you are shooting it at the range…

Carry is, like, it’s in a holster on your hip while you take the milk off the grocery store shelf

I own a mosin nagant, but I’ve never carried it. Same for my Walther P22

1 Like

I concur with you William! and furthermore I’d do my best to stay as far away as possible from an intoxicated individual at all times. I have to laugh at those individuals who try to make the case for legalization of marijuana by stating it’s no more harmful than alcohol but they conveniently overlook the fact that there currently exists several easy and quick tests to measure ones blood alcohol level codified as point .08 B/A or point .10 B/A in some jurisdictions as prima facie evidence of intoxication (under the influence). No such widely accepted test currently exists for being under the influence of marijuana. For that matter being under the influence of either or worse yet both may cause one to act irresponsibly as can being under the influence of certain prescription medications . The last thing this country needs is more irresponsibly acting individuals. [God knows we elect a plethora of them each time we vote. And more than enough persons are killed each and every year on our highways in this country by traffic collisions alone many involving under the influence operators of motor vehicles. Never mind the fights stabbings and shootings committed by under the influence individuals daily. In the words of the famous/infamous Rodney King “Can’t we all just get along?”

2 Likes

I would disagree with those who say marijuana is “no more harmful than alcohol” and instead say “alcohol is more harmful than marijuana”

Personally I find marijuana control laws about as useful for promoting safety as are gun control laws

2 Likes

It’s been my experience states like New York have a tendency to ignore that even though in the end they know they’re going to come out on the losing side it’s still cost the individual lots of money and time

1 Like