First time gun owner

I was looking at the IWB RapidTuck by Vedder. It has the Kydex mold as well. I think that would make me feel safe having the mold that protects the trigger.

Thanks for you input.

5 Likes

Watch YouTube video - Three Critical Qualities of a Decent Holster by John Correa.
This’s the first step to find out what is the “safe holster”.

6 Likes

Vedder is a good company and you cant go wrong with them

3 Likes

Mike is right!

Bought my first carry gun just like you a few years back, and I’m still learning more everyday!

7 Likes

Welcome aboard. Get some real quality basic training that involves shooting a lot. I’d suggest someplace like Front Sight, Gunsight, etc. Shoot often with a good coach/instructor to develope your new skill. Also, continue every month, if you can. It’s a perishable skill!

4 Likes

I have been to Gunsite many times taking week long classes and it’s a great place to train.

To start out, I’d recommend finding a local USCCA instructor that can provide you personalize training courses.

5 Likes

For dry fire practice, I picked up a package of dummy cartridges for my EDC.

5 Likes

Welcome to the community! The EZ Shield is a great choice for a first time gun owner, that’s what my wife chose with some guidance after taking her basic pistol and CCW class. It’s very user friendly and easy to load and chamber for those not used to handling guns.

7 Likes

Welcome brother Jeremy to this wonderful family. Enjoy your time here. God bless you

2 Likes

Welcome aboard. Make sure it is empty & learn to disassemble the pistol & clean. Practice handling it without putting your finger to the trigger. Get a good holster & practice removing and re-holstering, keeping the trigger clear. iTarget makes a good lazar target system , as do others, to practice shooting without bullets at home. Be comfortable with your pistol & practice practice practice. USCCA has a lot of great training videos & a wealth of help from instructors and members.

7 Likes

Dry fire with A-zooms or Snap caps in your weapon. Here is a link to what I’m talking about.
https://www.lymanproducts.com/brands/a-zoom

5 Likes

Welcome! This is an excellent community with great people to exchange ideas with and learn from. Firearms safety is first & foremost especially if you are carrying. Please never stop learning & training! USCCA has awesome training offerings if you ever want to get formal training. Best of luck & welcome to the proud gun owners’ family!!

4 Likes

Nice and welcome.

4 Likes

Welcome to the family.

2 Likes

Welcome, take your time training, you have us a big family to help you

5 Likes

Welcome to the familia James and just keep carrying and training.

3 Likes

Welcome @Jeremy45!!

2 Likes

Welcome to the family!!:wave:

3 Likes

all the advice given is right on target. Best Wish’s

3 Likes

Welcome!!! And congratulations on your purchase. My wife has that gun, and she is really happy with it.

3 Likes