Feeling sorry for our northern neighbors

Trudeau now says they’re only going to ban some hunting rifles. Just the ones that are “too dangerous in other contexts.”

Trudeau says some guns used for hunting will be banned | CTV News

In other words, they’re perfectly legitimate hunting rifles, but since you could use them to shoot people, we have to ban them.

Better hide your steak knives, Saskatchewan. They could be dangerous, in other contexts.

6 Likes

In the final analysis, we have to remember that our own sovereignty is a fragile experiment. I don’t feel sorry for our northern neighbors because it is not America. Many want to mimic us, but they will never be us. But we have to do better if we want our distinction to remain in effect.

5 Likes

Benny Johnson

Benny Johnson48 minutes ago

Fight to be free or get in the pod and eat ze bugs!

9 Likes

I would hope our citizens wouldn’t comply.Sorry state of affairs these days.When law becomes tyranny its time to make a stand.I know many others around here that feel the same way.

4 Likes

I have an old Army buddy that lives upstate NY. From many conversations with him he believes conservative thinkers there are vastly out numbered. He also thinks they dont have security. He doesnt even get on communities like this :us: or even watch You Tube gun vidoes. Man ! I said Wow!

2 Likes

Wasn’t the last multiple murder spree in Canada committed with machetes?
And couldn’t that have been prevented if the victims had the right to defend themselves and their families with a firearm?
Don’t “First Nations” people rely of firearms for hunting game for survival?

Leadership is always by example. MiniTrudeau should show his fellow Canadians the way by taking on a Polar Bear with pepper spray, heh-heh!

2 Likes

There is a fundamental misunderstanding or a rebranding of this word. They do not understand or will not accept the difference between responsibility and control.

4 Likes

:100:
I’m so sick of politicians and bureaucrats calling themselves “leaders.” It’s a sore spot of mine. A few weeks ago, someone at my church was talking about the need to pray for our “rulers,” and before I could stop myself, I blurted out “this is 'Murica, we don’t have rulers.” My poor wife was so embarrassed.

But yeah, all these anti-gun folks who declare themselves to be “leaders” should practice some leadership by getting rid of their own armed security. Lead by example, show us the way.

7 Likes

Leaders take responsibility to promote fair play, and provide the model for its application, not control who plays.

2 Likes

ANN- American News Network

ANN- American News Network2 hours ago

The picture says it all for itself.

6 Likes
2 Likes

Update:
The Liberal Party in Canada is running away from their latest push to ban firearms.
Don’t worry, though. They’ll try again, one day.

Liberals walk back controversial amendments to gun control bill | National Post

4 Likes

“It is not our intention to impact those that are hunting and using firearms for hunting, and we acknowledge and regret that the consultations that we undertook were not sufficient, and that there were gaps and problems in the amendments,” he said.

In other words their intent was simply to render Canadian citizens defenseless by banning any firearms that might be capable of defending one’s self or one’s family. They obviously haven’t learned any lessons from the Ukraine conflict. The Ukrainians seem to now realize how vital it is to have a capably armed and trained citizenry when you share a boarder with a much larger and more powerful neighbor that is politically and economically unstable.

4 Likes

Ukrainians are defending themselves from the Russian bear.
Canadians have to defend themselves from Polar bears.
Either way, you need big guns.

4 Likes

I’d also want the ability to fire multiple big rounds rapidly if I was ever faced with a charging polar bear!

5 Likes

And the ongoing persecution continues, here and abroad.

Pastor facing 10 years in prison for preaching at Canada trucker blockade protesting vaccine mandates (msn.com)

4 Likes

The American left is salivating. Could be poised to install their version of Trudeau in Kim Jong Newsom.

4 Likes