Feeling sorry for our northern neighbors

It almost seems we can’t escape our own reality!

8 Likes

I live in a good, sane area but when I watch tv or read the news I sometimes feel like my brain is being stretched and is resisting the alternate reality I am seeing. :scream:

9 Likes

That’s because it truly is being stretched. Information overload.

7 Likes

It’s funny, old habits die hard! After my heart attack, 1 year ago, I completely stopped watching the news. Doctor said too much stress.

Felt good, but out of the loop, so what do I do, I turned the news back on, 24/7! There’s nothing else to watch, everything has turned political. Tried watching “Dumb and Dumber” all I saw was Brandon and Camala! Not sure which is funnier! Even “Groundhog Day”, tell me you don’t see Karine Jean-Pierre popping up everyday!

Well, I recently survived ( biggest stressor of my life ) 15 hours inside the eye of hurricane Ian. Thankfully my home survived, I lost all my trees, some 35 years old, planted the day we laid the foundation. I’ve turned it into a new hobby. As a form of distraction!

Mahogany

Trust me, sanding will definitely take your mind off things, but when the dust settles, I seriously need my fix. I have to know what the enemy is up to!

Even as we speak, the news is droning in the background. I know, some may say turn on the tunes. Unfortunately the music doesn’t have the same meaning, and since the warranty is up on on my ears, it surely doesn’t sound like it did in the 70’s and 80’s, not to mention the turncoats. You know, those that sang of little pink house and were born in the USA.

10 Likes

Did you say it out loud? :flushed:

7 Likes

I did. Really strange being around men who want to act like women. Alternate reality.

Found this interesting the other day.

6 Likes

Mark me down as having no sympathy for ANYONE in ANY country forfeiting their gun ownership rights. Period.

Venezuela, Ukraine, Cuba, Germany, the former Soviet bloc nations, and now Canada and the United States, are wringing their sweaty hands because they all voted for just what they are getting.

For too long, politicians have had the solution - now they are searching for the problem. And they see us as the problem. Alas.

9 Likes

Oh yeah, These days of things are improbable but not impossible. A little ways back I saw a picture of what I believed to be Trudeau and his mother visiting with Castro as a child

1 Like

Do you believe that the people of those country gave them up and deserve nothing from anyone, or that the ir governments did this to them?

That pretty well sums it up. The majority of the voters drive policy and societal direction. Although their idea of an Eden-like country differs from mine, the majority rules.

You get what you ask for.

If those countries didn’t like the direction of their nation, they should have fought back. Witness China today. Look at Iran. Those are two examples of a population willing to forego human rights for “safety.”

America is quickly heading toward that direction, itself. And I would expect no one to fight for my own freedom at their expense.

4 Likes

What Canada is banning is not guns but tools. When they banned tools of self-defense, it could pass as banning guns. Now they are banning tools that can bring food to the table. Given the war on meat globalists are waging, it all aligns.
Knives, axes, shovels, anything with metal edge will follow next. Construction tools.

5 Likes

NYC beat them to that.

6 Likes

“Escape from New York” - from movie title to safety tip.

7 Likes

Seems like Biden is trying to copycat Canada.

2 Likes

He would have to ban NASCAR first

2 Likes

I don’t have a bit of sympathy for Canada. They voted for what they have. Look at the recent election in the US. Pennsylvania voted in a brain dead US senator. I don’t know about Oz and what his politics are but he is a proven businessman and can intelligently answer questions. What PA has is a political parasite who can’t verbally tell you what day of the week it is. I don’t care what party he belongs to, he doesn’t belong in public office — any office. If he recovers, that may be a different story but in his present condition he should be spending his time in rehab, not wandering the halls of the capitol.

5 Likes

You should try going to Whole Paycheck. Alice in Wonderland.

2 Likes

He was a professional snake oil salesman with a daytime television show.
Some day, the GOP needs to get over their infatuation with celebrity candidates.

7 Likes

First Nations are already challenging the new gun restrictions.
First Nations leaders reject Trudeau’s proposed gun law, citing risk to treaty rights (msn.com)

If anyone should oppose gun control, it’s the folks who were denied firearms so that they couldn’t defend their own lands.

5 Likes
1 Like