Favorite Hot Weather Cargo or Tactical or Just Rugged Outdoorsy Pants for Women?

We live in FL and my wife is a retired Army MP in her 50’s. She is looking for a couple pair of rugged and versatile pants that are also comfortable and more stylish than a pair of military fatigue uniform pants. What say you, ladies?

1 Like

Welcome to the family and god bless you and glad to have you on board.

Dede Adams has some leggings - https://deneadams.com/

Girls With Guns has some outdoorsy pants - Pants - Girls With Guns

Tactica has some cool pants too - Women's Tactical Pants | Tactica Defense Fashion

I have heard great things about GWG and Dede Adams.

Anyone else have some suggestions?

1 Like

My GF wears the 5.11 pants quite a bit (even as professional buisiness attire). Quite a bit of variation on style, fit, and fabric. LA Police Gear has some too, and may be less expensive option. I have had good luck with their shorts.

Carhartt also makes some good ones in a cargo style, that she wears a bit. Particularly shorts.

2 Likes

OK. Thanks for the replies. She decided on LL Bean Vista Trekking pants, Tropicwear quick-dri pants, and canvas cargo pants…just in case anyone wants HER opinion.

1 Like

5.11 is a good brand, however, they run large by a size or so.

2 Likes

Welcome to the family sister and God bless you.

Probably not what you are looking for… but when I was traveling in the Philippines, I used some REI and Columbia cargo pants with the zippered legs. The detachable legs helped a lot when wading through water from the boats to the beach. They are also light, breathable, and dry quicker than cotton.

One down side was that I think they would wear quickly if I was rubbing or kneeling against rocks or thorny brush a lot. I would sometimes where the straight leg versions for business casual meetings in that area.

2 Likes