Favorite Defensive Keychain?

Our keys go with us everywhere. What do you have on your keychain that you can use for your self-defense?

Do you carry a defensive key chain?

1 Like

This company was at the Expo and the keychains felt good in my hand.

I didn’t feel like they’d hurt too badly if you put it in your pocket and forgot about it, unlike other keychains that are very pointy.

2 Likes

I used to have a kubotan on my keychain… been flying with that for 15 years and the last time I flew they took it away from me :angry:

Really? What airport was that in? I know someone who got through security in a number of airports with a fake knife on them. And someone else I know got through with ammo in their backpack!

1 Like

My local home town airport of Springfield MO… they were totally nice about it, and I’d had it through there dozens of times before so I’m thinking they had some recent training that highlighted it. Made me sad though… alwAys made it easy to find my keys, aside from its obvious self defense utility.
I really hate flying.

1 Like

@Dawn i was looking at the munio on Amazon. I have 3 teenage daughters and was wondering your thoughts on this product… just trying to find something for them for self defense… debating on paper spray too but concerned about it used improperly… the munio looks like something I could actually get them to carry… thanks

I just found this thread and I guess it says something about me that never in my life have I ever associated the words “defensive” and “keychain”.

1 Like

They were at our Expo last year. Having multiple means to defend yourself is a great idea (especially for teenage girls who cannot carry). No matter what tools you have - or give them - please be sure to train how to use them and continue to train. :slight_smile:

Exactly what I was thinking… thanks

Have you considered martial arts training? My kids did Tae Kwon Do for years - it not only helped them with self-defense tactics and training, but with self-discipline and focus. I can’t recommend a good martial arts school enough!

1 Like

Nothing! To much wieght on the keychain not good for the key ignition. Always have a surefire pen and flashlight Benchmade pocket folder, and a cz pcr where I can.
I also use titanium keyrings and cables to lighten up the weight.
I used to carry a monkey fist, yet knocked me in the knees constantly in my truck, plus my mechanic told me no way! To heavy.

One of the women at work just gave a shout out over our internal chat platform about how much she loves her Munio :slight_smile: Thought you might find that interesting, @Thomas681. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Ordered them should be here Saturday… let the training begin… im thinking big brother should be the bad guy. but when the girls get done he might be the victim. Lol