Weekend training: Kubaton-like weapon

Carrying a defensive keychain is helpful, but like any other weapon, you’ll want to train with it. Here’s an older Into the Fray that will give you some ideas on how to best use a kubaton-like weapon for your self-defense:

2 Likes

YAY! I’ll go watch that! I was just moping over the kubotan airport security took away from me last time I flew

2 Likes

I’ve had friends tell me stories about their kubatons being confiscated. But for some reason a tactical pen is just fine. Make sure your next kubaton has ink in it.

1 Like

I carried a Tactical Pen for many years in Jail setting. One of the only “weapons” we were allowed.
I had to use it three times on an inmate, once on the nerve behind the ear. The inmate was trying to bite the arresting officer and had his teeth sunk into his forearm through his sleeve, and once in the muscle above the shoulder blade and once behind the knee to gain pain compliance, it worked in all three cases.
If I was going into a dangerous situation I would take the cap off to use it as a spike, fortunately
I never had to use it.
I still carry one and I would recommend every one doe’s, if nothing else you have a really cool pen. :+1:

1 Like

Yeah, they got two of mine and a tac pen. Hope TSA agents are using the responsibly. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Carry a small flashlight instead of kuboton - I’ve never had one taken away, and the tactical end makes a great DNA collection device if necessary.

1 Like