Favorite American-made Firearm

Ruger is my favorite American made firearm. Revolvers & seni autos. They are reliable, well priced & the customer service is top notch. My Rugers go bang everytime

13 Likes

how… did you get a scope on there? :face_with_monocle:

4 Likes

Smith & Wesson M&P for me I’m a bit of a Ruger fan also getting ready to get my 86 year-old mother this week a Smith & Wesson EZ 380 for her bedside table

6 Likes

I actually have 2 favorites and that’s because they are the 2 that I own and carry. They would be Ruger and Smith & Wesson for the pistol category. For long guns I would have to say that I am a Remington fan for shotguns, with Mossberg bringing up a very close second. I also have an old J.C. Higgins bolt-action, 3-shot 16-gauge still in perfect working order that I enjoy shooting. I got it for a steal of a deal at a gun show. In the rifle arena, I have always been a Savage Arms fan, however if you’re talking AR’s, a smaller, maybe not as known but making a name for itself, company by the name of Daniel Defense makes some pretty good reliable stuff.

5 Likes

Favorite American made firearm? Have to go with the Barret .50 BMG. Made right here in TN.

8 Likes

Easy topic! Any Ruger single action, Single-six, Blackhawk, etc. My first revolver purchased with my own hard earned cash was a Super Single Six Convertible .22 mag/.22lr.
“My heroes have always been cowboys
And they still are, it seems
…”

Probably should add that I was 16 and used my summer savings from a construction job to buy the single -six, passing up a beach trip with friends because I did not have the money.

6 Likes

I love my sccy pistol , but also really enjoy shooting my two bear creek arsenal rifles. And I want to give a shout out to Ceratac fire arms in Sheridan , Wyoming. My ar carbine build. A great product at a fair price.
If they were in stock I would buy more.

5 Likes

Welcome to the family brother and you are in the right place.

2 Likes

My favorite and first American Pistol S&W mod 39 purchased in 1978. My favorite Revolver Colt Python purchased in 1981. Runners up Ruger Black Hawk 357 mag. Colt 1911 70 model

5 Likes

The Redhawk came with the Scope

4 Likes

I am seriously concidering one

2 Likes

This is a hard one. If I look at my firearms spreadsheet, regardless of country of origin, Ruger is at the top of the list and I have no centerfire Ruger handguns. I love my Dan Wessons, but as they are owned by CZ, regardless of what the wiki page states, I do not consider them American made. I love the S&W’s for many reasons, but I would have to pick my Montana Rifle Company rifles. I know, they dont fit the normal USCCA type guns, and I am sad that they have recently gone under, but they fill a similar niche in hunting rifles as Dan Wesson does for my 1911’s. Definitely a step up from a standard production rifle such as a Remington 700 etc. without the price tag of my full custom jobs.

4 Likes

Well My Screen Name sort of gives it away…BUT…Rugers and Henrys.

I don’t own one of each of their models, yet… but I am trying! HA!

6 Likes

It’s good to have goals

4 Likes

Man! It’s hard to say between my Kimber Ultra + CDP and my Ruger 6" stainless 357. Both are excellent…naturally the Kimber goes with me everywhere. They both shoot so well…and both American made:

8 Likes

Welcome to sanity

4 Likes

Welcome aboard bro’! Glad to have you with us!

3 Likes

That is a sweet Redhawk!! What caliber is it? My uncle has a stainless Redhawk .44 Rem. Mag. that he has had for years and absolutely loves it!! He’s got me sold on one and that’s going to be my next purchase when I get the money.

3 Likes

Super Redhawk 44magnum

3 Likes

My wife has Smith & Wesson revolvers. I own and love my M&P 15 AR Carbine. None of them have ever failed us.

However, I have ordered a Ruger PC Charger for my wife to have in our home. My first AR bought in 1993 is a Colt. My shotgun is a Remington 870 bought in 1992.

But my personal pistols are Sigs, which are disqualified from the poll. America Rocks!

6 Likes