Fatal Explosion at Hornady Ammo

Fatal Explosion at Hornady Ammo Chemical Compound Building Kills One (msn.com)

An explosion at an ammunition manufacturer’s facility in Nebraska left one woman dead and at least two other people injured.

The explosion took place Friday in a chemical compound building at Hornady Manufacturing in Wood River, according to KHGI-TV in nearby Kearney.

Hall County Attorney Marty Klein did not identify the victims, the outlet reported.

He said that one of the two men who were injured showed symptoms of a concussion.

The other man who was injured had symptoms related to breathing in dust and fumes, Klein said.

Neither man’s injuries were considered life-threatening.

Klein said the Hall County Sheriff’s office and the State Fire Marshal were investigating the cause of the explosion.

8 Likes

I’m sad to hear about this. I have come to have a lot of respect for Hornady and the people who work there. If you watch their podcasts you start to get a sense of who they are and their dedication to their business and their customers. They are the kind of company I wish there were a lot more of, They have done some amazing work in the last decade or two, and given some very impressive products of their innovative work, free to customers to use, that they easily could have charged a lot for if they chose to take that route.

I’ll wish them the best recovery you can hope for after a thing like this, they lost one of their own and I’m sure that weighs heavily.

14 Likes

That is really sad to hear. Hornady employees don’t make mistakes!
One of three are responsible for this, either, Biden, Hamas or the cartels! Don’t be fooled, this is part of keeping our heads on a swivel!
None of what’s happening is a coincidence!

8 Likes

You NAILED that Scott(as soon as I started reading this I thought…
Well it worked in East Palestine Ohio
It worked in Waco, TX
It worked in 9/11
It worked in Oklahoma City

maybe it was the newly weaponized Dept of sanitation!

Just sayin’
(the PTA? The League of Women Voters? the Weaponized Museaum of natural History?0

4 Likes

I wish tragedies like this weren’t politicized.

4 Likes

6 Likes

6 Likes

Unfortunately everything from how clean I keep my car to what type of meat I eat has become politicized. From train derailments to fires started by negligence are all politicized. Now if we could only oust the political croupier. We might just get the world back on its natural axis!

5 Likes

Unfortunately, everything is politicized. :disappointed:
Even an old man :poop:ing his pants and falling up or down the stairs. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:
Or an 6 year old being stabbed to death by a vagrant. :cry:

7 Likes

Terrible tragedy.

Hornady is the only brand I trust for self-defense rounds.

Same here. Sadly, we live in an imperfect world.

5 Likes

I try to do my part by not bringing politics in where they have no relevance

2 Likes

Absolutely correct, but in Bidens world, it is relevant, when he considers, me, my wife, my children, my parents or VETERANS or good old AMERICANS, terrorists, that’s where I draw the line!
So when the Hamas or whatever terrorist he invited into our homes and bullets start flying in my direction,
I can assure you, my bullets won’t be blue or red. Copper will be my preferred affiliation and hollow point my religion!

Maybe it’s not the best idea, but just finished watching, Hurt Locker, Lone Survivor and American Sniper! The only political affiliation are the politicians and war and war is their hobby, not mine! : Paraphrasing von Clausewitz.

5 Likes

I am very sorry to hear of this tragedy, I will be praying for all those affected,

2 Likes

What does any of this have to do with the explosion at Hornady?

Every incident experienced since 2020 is politically motivated!
You stated that there was no political relevance to the explosion. I’m pretty sure there is!
Like I said, how I cook my steak has become a political statement by someone somewhere!
An explosion at one of our ammunition chemical plants, my little hairs go up!

4 Likes

Hornady Critical Duty, 10mm for me​:+1:t2::us:

1 Like

OSHA is still investigating to see it they can fine someone. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

LINCOLN, Neb. (KLKN) – The State Fire Marshal Agency has completed its investigation into a deadly explosion at a Grand Island factory last week.

On Friday, 32-year-old Adriana Alvarez was killed in an explosion at the Hornady Manufacturing plant, which makes ammunition.

The State Fire Marshal Agency announced Monday that it was accidental, caused during the mixing of chemicals.

Two other employees were also injured, but they have since been released from the hospital.

Several local agencies, including fire departments from Cairo and Alda, responded to the fire.

4 Likes