Bullets flying around

Not really unusual around here these days. But, to me, here’s the most terrifying part…
"fired seven rounds at the other group, according to a police booking affidavit.

“Two of the bullets struck the grey vehicle the victims were standing next to, three struck a van that was parked in the parking lot and occupied by a female in the driver seat. Of those three bullets, one hit the tire, one hit the door just below the window where the driver was sitting and shattered the window and the third hit the top of the van,” the affidavit states. “Another bullet struck the building, and the seventh bullet strike was not located.”

I’m guessing these kids are doing the up high sideways point and shoot thing. So, it’s not only the person he is targeting that’s in danger, it’s people in their cars, in neighboring buildings or anyone that happens to be around, who knows. I’m afraid in this situation I’d have to go for the duck and cover thing before I decide to engage or not. Of course like in most cases these kids are cowards, they jump into a near by car and race off into the hood.

3 Likes

I am amazed at the precise description in the article!

6 Likes

Willing to bet the rounds were fmj as well. Every time I see pics in the news of a criminals gun and “clips” it’s loaded with ball ammo.

4 Likes

Because it is less expensive? Also doubt they care about collateral damage. Maybe they are the ones who should be required to get insurance before obtaining a firearm? :grimacing: :roll_eyes: :sunglasses:

3 Likes

I think, around here anyways, it’s what criminals can get. Ammo purchases require a pistol permit, and that means being more legal than our politicians.

A pistol permit to purchase ammo? Wow, I’m glad I live in a 2A friendly state where the criminals get their ammo without a permit… oops aaa wait… aaa Oh just forget it… :roll_eyes:

4 Likes

And where is around here?

3 Likes

Ever stop to think that the 2A is the ONLY freedom that is afforded to us under the Constitution that requires a permit to exercise?

5 Likes

Yes, correct, prohibited persons are also not “allowed” to possess ammunition.

2 Likes

Sadly, that is more true than most would want to admit.

3 Likes

Look at most ammo websites and they will show the restricted states and the hoops that those who live in them must jump through. CT for me, see you’re in Il, same hoop iirc.
@TheKid …yes, I think about that nearly 24/7, not overwhelmingly, but a few brain cells keep that in mind.
Hopping in the motorhome again next month, focusing on W VA/TN for our next property. Also have a few brain cells continuously looking at gun laws in each state, taxes, and possibility of state getting flipped. Wife focused on politics, weather, crime, and farm ability.

3 Likes

Somewhat correct. Need the infamous FOID card (Firearm Owner ID) to possess guns or ammo. If I walk into a much maligned Gun Show I will probably be asked to show my FOID card to handle a prospective purchase.
ff

1 Like

Not entirely true. Permits are often required for demonstrations and meetings in public spaces where 1A rights are being practiced.

Though the 2A most certainly has the most requirements and limitations which is interesting considering it is the only right that states it shall not be infringed.

3 Likes

Yet, somehow…they still do manage…

4 Likes

You notice that the race of the people are not mentioned.

2 Likes

Names, first guy definitely Hispanic, I don’t do facebook, but looking at a bunch of Nordahls (second guys last name) on LinkedIn, they’re all White. The guys third name, “Akai” throws me, however. Nordahl seems to have loaned the gun to Ballestreros.

1 Like

Also not true. How many times have you watched demonstrators block freeways or just show up en masse at a state capitol or city hall? No one gets arrested and pretty sure there was no permit applied for.

2 Likes

Funny how requiring people to get permits to carry doesn’t stop the riff raff from illegally carrying and committing other crimes. And requiring permits to assemble and demonstrate doesn’t stop the riff raff from looting and burning. Criminals don’t follow the law no matter how many laws people make.

4 Likes

That doesn’t happen in NC, thank goodness.

1 Like

What really burns my backside is the immigration demonstrations where illegals are speaking and not being arrested.

4 Likes