Election 2020 and 12th Amendment

I think this will be a contested election and end up in the House of Representatives to elect the next president.

Constitution of United States of America 1789 (rev. 1992)

The Electors shall meet in their respective states and vote by ballot for President and Vice-President, one of whom, at least, shall not be an inhabitant of the same state with themselves; they shall name in their ballots the person voted for as President, and in distinct ballots the person voted for as Vice-President, and they shall make distinct lists of all persons voted for as President, and of all persons voted for as Vice-President, and of the number of votes for each, which lists they shall sign and certify, and transmit sealed to the seat of the government of the United States, directed to the President of the Senate;-The President of the Senate shall, in the presence of the Senate and House of Representatives, open all the certificates and the votes shall then be counted;-The person having the greatest Number of votes for President, shall be the President, if such number be a majority of the whole number of Electors appointed; and if no person have such majority, then from the persons having the highest numbers not exceeding three on the list of those voted for as President, the House of Representatives shall choose immediately, by ballot, the President. But in choosing the President, the votes shall be taken by states, the representation from each state having one vote; a quorum for this purpose shall consist of a member or members from two-thirds of the states, and a majority of all the states shall be necessary to a choice. And if the House of Representatives shall not choose a President whenever the right of choice shall devolve upon them, before the fourth day of March next following, then the Vice-President shall act as President, as in the case of the death or other constitutional disability of the President-The person having the greatest number of votes as Vice-President, shall be the Vice-President, if such number be a majority of the whole number of Electors appointed, and if no person have a majority, then from the two highest numbers on the list, the Senate shall choose the Vice-President; a quorum for the purpose shall consist of two-thirds of the whole number of Senators, and a majority of the whole number shall be necessary to a choice. But no person constitutionally ineligible to the office of President shall be eligible to that of Vice-President of the United States.

13 Likes

Good post!

I was just having this same conversation with a less educated person yesterday!

4 Likes

What is being contested?? No significant irregularities have been at least reported much less found. Someone received more votes than the other person…

Why would it go that far for this election?? I sincerely hope it doesn’t, not for this election… its not worth damaging the thin hope of democracy we have here and around the world.

1 Like

bucket

7 Likes

There are hundreds of irregularities

7 Likes

no significant irregularities?

are we reading the same news feeds?

repeated reports of voting machines flipping votes???

repeated reports of observers being denied observing… one was even a Dem… and he reported it…

I could go on… but somehow I don’t think it will make a difference to some folks…

most likely those that are paid shivs for the party… they’re out there… sadly…

thing is they must be removed later as they are a threat to those stealing the power…

history has many proofs of that sorta thing… oh well…

8 Likes

Welcome to tge family Fijji
Make yourself at hohe here. Im not sure what news you watch but try Newsmax or OAN Channrl they report thd truth.:blush:

5 Likes

@Fijjy

It is not the place of the media to call election results. More importantly, nowhere does it state results are final by the end of business of the Wednesday proceeding an election. It is the duty of the college electoral voters and the states they represent not that of the popular vote. In some cases, college electoral voters must follow the popular vote. In others…no so much. The college electoral voters meet in December if it gets to that point.

The greatest challenge facing our democracy isn’t the results of this election. The greatest challenge to our democracy is placing feelings above facts.

Please research for yourself.

If you truly support the Constitution, specifically to this site, 2A, welcome to the team!

4 Likes

The electoral college Hillary…

Maybe I haven’t been paying as much attention but I don’t remember this many complaints about the media predicting how the election went…

3 Likes

The same reports we hear every election, no election will be perfect… send one substantiated report of thousands of votes being altered that could alter the results or flip it one way or the other…

2 Likes

Define substantiated…
Do you mean like how the election results are ‘substantiated’?
Ha!! NOT… Since when is the ‘office of the president elect’ is even a thing… unless they mean ‘the basement’!!!

5 Likes

The media has added the tag line “without any evidence” to most of what President Trump has said for the last four years, so it’s no surprise it continues after the election.

The truth is there is plenty evidence of fraud, error, and unconstitutional manipulation in this election. There are witnesses, videos, and court decisions that substantiate claims of election irregularities.

Individuals (and courts) can make judgments about each item of evidence and debate how much each case, or the totality of cases, impacted the final result, but to claim there is no evidence is beyond ignorant. It’s a flat out lie.

4 Likes

You gonna have to look that up on your own…

Just to be clear, I am only speaking on some concerted effort to either change votes or vote illegally in some form for another candidate.

And a report other than received from a hotline… look I can make a hotline for people who have seen the Loch Ness monster playing the flute and I’ll get “reports”.

I just don’t believe any mainstream media source would ignore a substantiated report of tens of thousands of votes being changed/illegally voted from one county. Its too big of a story to pass on especially when there is solid evidence. Its the kind of news story you get awards for…

The writing is on the wall…

Lol, come on… Trump’s form of evidence has repeatedly been “people are saying…” at least admit that! He has said a lot of things and offered no evidence in the last four years

So as all the court cases get thrown out, will you then blame the judges for being leftist plants?? Or will just accept that they were over-blowing their cases to make it seem worse than it was… because they will have a case or two (once again nothing out the norm) but nothing to suggest there was a concerted effort to illegally effect the election.

Sure… :+1:t5:

Were you concerned about this in 2016???:face_with_monocle:

I’ll start by admitting that I hit the “reply” button on one of your comments to make a general point, rather than to argue directly with you, so that was my mistake.

However…, it appears you ignored, or deliberately misunderstood, almost every point I made in your effort at a rebuttal. Despite what CSI would lead you to believe, “evidence” often comes down to what “people are saying”. It is up to whoever is judging what those people are saying to determine their credibility. You and I may differ on our opinions about what someone claims, but those claims are evidence.

As I also mentioned, there is plenty of evidence of election issues beyond individual testimony. There is video evidence of irregularities. There are written documents. There are actual laws and regulations passed by various government officials that uniquely impacted this election. My point in commenting was to dispute the claim by most of the media that Trump is contesting the election result “without evidence”. There is evidence. The courts will decide how to weigh that evidence. Each of us can decide if we agree with that decision or not.

I think it is unlikely that courts will make enough decisions in Trump’s favor for him to be declared the winner. I don’t think that will be because judges are “liberal plants”. I think it will be more due to their reluctance to throw out real votes in an attempt to correct an unknown number of erroneous and/or fraudulent votes. In any case, we should make a serious effort before the next major election to clean up our processes so that Americans on all sides can have confidence in the outcomes.

By the way, welcome to the board. Hopefully you’ll find the discussion outside of election issues to be useful.

6 Likes

‘Evidence’ can also be based upon math, like what’s the statistical likelihood, and decisions on common sense like you really want me to believe:

the only places there were ‘last minute landslides for no mo’ Joe were in key states/cities, democratically run/manipulated, with last minute changes to polling processes, who were taking extra days and weeks to count ballots, in locked rooms where observers were not allowed, and boxes of magically appearing ballots were shuttled in under darkness during the wee hoursyea, interesting

BTW, court decisions are expected to apply this thing called jurisprudence… it’s an intresting relationship… judge → jury → jurisprudence… it would likely go something like… some part of the election was corrupt and no one can prove how much since the evidence is now destroyed, so the entire election must now be declared null and void.

Plan B… one state one vote in the house… it’s not a recent invention from the clan of Trump… it’s protected for in our founding documents and it has been used in the past… long before Trump.

I’ll agree that it’s hard to believe that at least one self interested reporter wouldnt report a stolen election (that occurred behind closed doors) right after someone explains covid and then how 'defund the police’s is the right answer to looters and rioters attacking them, burning precincts, and destroying sections of cities.

6 Likes

Updated info
https://www.newsmax.com/t/newsmax/article/997053?dkt_nbr=6F0112vz8pnp&keywords=alan-dershowitz-constitution-270-electoral-college&year=2020&month=11&date=14&id=997053&fbclid=IwAR182F5aNqYI6PT_H7IucdY-bHpKvQjf106upVToMge_BepdOm-oHY794QE