Edc knife for self-defense

You might be interested in this ;

2 Likes
1 Like

https://www.usconcealedcarry.com/blog/basic-knife-fighting-techniques/

3 Likes

This ain’t my gun & it’s sure not for fun.

5 Likes

Very entertaining video but I don’t think most looking at EDC have the years of training that he represents. Not that as a last resort or in trained hands it isn’t useful, but like any other defensive weapon it needs to be trained with regularly.

3 Likes

Nice knife. Any info on that?

3 Likes

Yes ; a friend gave it to me to sharpen for him. I sharpened it for him but he wouldn’t take it back. I’ve had it for a very long time and I do carry it with me if I’m going to be in a no firearms environment.
PS: I’ll send you a email for the rest

2 Likes

Rule #9: Never go anywhere without a knife.

(like no one already posted that)

EDC - Not specifically self defence

5 Likes

And people knew what a woman is!

8 Likes

I almost had a sealed pickled Japanese radish confiscated from me at the Honolulu airport because the genius protecting/disarming the sheep felt it was a “liquid.” Instead, I sat down and ate it, pointing out how crunchy the liquid was, after discussing the differences between liquids and colloids. I’m still not sure how edible liquids or colloids could pose a risk to aircraft.

I would feel safer if everyone was issued a steak knife and metal fork when boarding the plane. Give simple instructions, “You are sitting in the xth row of this airplane. That means you are the xth line of defense for the pilots. Guard the pilots with your lives. Here’s a knife and fork to help you. Thank you for flying American.”

We could have a snowflake section in the back of the planes for those who value their sheep status.

7 Likes

It depends on the shade of her lipstick :rofl:

2 Likes

I somehow manage to have something confiscated from me every time I go through TSA. It’s almost like a game, at this point. Last time it was fingernail clippers. You know, those dangerous tools that terrorists use to trim their fingernails.

And there’s really nothing you can do. TSA regulations clearly state that you’re at the mercy of the local TSA agent. No matter how innocuous your item is and what the other TSA rules state, if a TSA agent decides he wants the widget in your bag, you’re going to lose it. And if you try to argue, they’ll just strip you naked in the airport until your flight leaves, then take your widget anyway.

4 Likes

Welcome back Ouade5!

I wouldn’t mind flying so much if it wasn’t for the TSA security theater show.

2 Likes

NYC Jose Alba showed us how to defend ourselves with a knife.
Simon’s girlfriend stabbed Alba three times but didn’t get three squares at Riker’s Island

2 Likes

Not as unusual as you might think. I carry 2 weakside so if I am struggling for retention of my dominant hand I can palm one or both and cut my way free.

3 Likes

First:
You (the OP) present the question as a “false dichotomy” as if it has to be one or the other. It doesn’t. “Feeling manly” has the tone of criticism, but whatever, having confidence knowing I am equipped for non-lethal defense options is never a bad thing. That confidence actually makes me a more skilled responder to threat. Panic is not an effective threat response.

Second:
Criminals use weapons of convenience. And they don’t bother with training in how to use them. Their primary use is threat and intimidation. My personal experience is that being able to match their threat (if not a firearm) is often all the defense needed to make them reconsider my target potential.

I am a proponent of open carry as a deterrence to street crime. Criminals look for easy targets. I refuse to be one.

In Florida, open carry of literally any size or type of knife is legal. So I open carry a sheath knife of sufficient size and accessibility to present myself as a hard target. I also carry a 4" bladed pocket-clipped backup. Do I know how to use them? I know as much or more than a criminal does. My odds are better than theirs because my determination exceeds theirs.

And yes, there are 2 more knives (a fixed blade and a folder) in my cross-body chest-access off-body carry bag. I carry a Taserlight clipped to the outside and readily accessible. My firearm is in there also, in a dedicated fast access draw compartment. And a backup 380 is readily available in an ankle holster.

Do I “feel manly”? Call it whatever you please - I feel ready, able, and willing to be a Protector. That is all that matters to me, and to those around me.

7 Likes

@Blacky

I think the IDF knife fighter got robbed, it is very clear he got the femoral artery on that second slash to the left leg or would have with a real blade.

2 Likes

I carry a large Cold Steel voyager pocket folder. 4 inch AUS 10 stainless steel blade, tri ad lock system, 5 inch griv EX textured handle. Awesome knife.

5 Likes

Everyone should carry a pocket knife.

6 Likes

Welcome to the Community @Christopher425. What is your preferred pocket knife to carry?

2 Likes