Drinking Alcohol and Carrying Scenario

Guns and Alcohol do not mix. No amount of Alcohol. I have seen some of the other comments. Here is reality. You live in Maryland, it is one of the most restrictive states when it comes to do with Firearms. Why take the risk of having your CCL removed because you wanted a beer. Even at home, Lock your pistol in the Safe before you have a drink. If you feel like your going somewhere you may have a drink, leave the gun at home. My memory of Md Law is that a loaded magazine equals a loaded pistol. IE, you would have to remove all the bullets from the Mag to “unload” the gun. Md law also said something about the mag being separated from the firearm. In which case you may need 2 lockboxes in your vehicle. Also remember, County by County in Maryland, the rules change! What is good in Anne Arundel, may not fly in Montgomery county
will not be good in Salisbury or Fredrick.

1 Like

Welcome to the family brother @Andrew178 , glad you could join us.

Welcome to the family brother @Eli6 , glad you could join us.

Welcome to the family brother @Michael1168 , glad you could join us.

Welcome to the family brother @Javier9 , glad you could join us.

An excellent point, does having alcohol or drugs in your system void the USCCA insurance? Is there a clause we may not be aware of? I would be very interested in knowing the answer. Again, NO amount of alcohol should mix with a firearm. With the Alcohol question comes the Medical Marijuana question
so many things to think about today.

1 Like

Thanks Denis11. Not sure I’d go that far, but nice preserving what’s left :laughing:

1 Like

L.A. Sheriff’s Dept. policy for it’s deputies is if you are going to drink alcohol in public you will leave your firearm at home. This policy was based on many embarrasing and even fatal mishaps. A wise policy I live by.

2 Likes

Looking at a BA calculator, 1 hour following the consumption of two 12oz regular beers, the BA of a #180 male would be .04%. While this is not above the legal limit for operating a motor vehicle, my understanding from an OSHA course I took is the boundary for operating machinery = .03%. To me this indicates there is impairment at .04%. So, if it is recognized impairment for operating machinery, are you safe to make life altering decisions with a gun in your hand after consuming ANY alcohol?

2 Likes

Hi, Mikie. I live in AZ presently and train friends in the desert. I take care of all others, although we usually become friends, by sending them to a training institute just outside Las Vegas, NV, where I am a founding member. Courses run weekdays and weekends year-round except mostly August when the temps are very high. If you are interested you will have to create an account (free). For me to transfer a free training certificate to your account to cover your 2- or 4-day course ($1-$2k) to use whenever you like, you’ll need a police background check, which cost is $50; however, I will discount that 30% for members of this group. A Character witness statement will be required before training occurs but that will be free and I can send you the form. As you may surmise, this is a legitimate operation. Full disclosure: I do provide lifetime memberships for over 50 different courses at extreme discounts but my purpose here is to ensure folks are incentivised to train properly by giving away a free course. You won’t be disappointed. If this is what you want and can travel to NV I can provide much more information. I’m not a salesman but let me know if you want to call me. -Tony

1 Like

Been to Frontsight many times. Taken all levels of handgun and carbine. Good operation.

2 Likes

Welcome to the community.
I just wouldn’t do it. You might find your self needing to protect your loved ones or the people around you on the one day you decided to have a couple of beers. Plus I payed just under $400 to get my CCW. I’m not losing that over a couple of beers. Better to be safe than sorry.

2 Likes

Don’t risk it. In NC, you can’t even sit at a bar if you’re carrying. If I drink, it’s at home. My wife has her permit, bought her a firearm & she doesn’t drink. So if a situation happens, she can defend as well. Butts covered!

1 Like

Not trying to be snitty here, but EVERY single person here that has their CCW should know exactly what a USCCA attorney will say.

4 Likes

You know that and I know that. But some here just want to continue to beat a dead horse. I figured that they would only listen to an Attorney. Something tells me that those same people would probably argue with their own defense Attorney.

In any case, I’m done here.

2 Likes

Sometimes this stuff makes me wonder. Good job, anyway.

2 Likes

Are we done berating Huey yet? :thinking:

1 Like

Thanks for getting back to me. Since the training is in NV I am going to have to pass. It sounds like a really great opportunity but I can’t handle high temperature. If you know of anything in a cooler climate I might could take advantage of it. Also if you know any place that offers training for older, less mobile people please pass it on to me. Again, thank you for reaching back out to me. Be safe.

Mikie Survant

1 Like

I drink Pellegrino and am very happy :smiley:

2 Likes

I drink unsweetened ice tea. Always the designated driver by default.

1 Like