Drinking Alcohol and Carrying Scenario

My only problem with this if you do have a few beers, and properly stow away your firearm, that would be the time something happens and your forced to defend yourself. Now you’re in a bad situation. Operating a gun under the influence (law of % is much lower with guns than cars) you shoot somebody and or kill somebody. Even though it was a clean act of self defense, you’re now in huge trouble with the law and civil lawsuits. Remember, the Judicial system is set up to protect CRIMINALS!!! Not good law abiding people. Rigged system, don’t go there.

1 Like

DO NOT drink and carry----DO NOT drink and drive. PERIOD. Stay home if your are going to drink. Simple solution to what could become a complex problem. Not realistic? Take your chances and/or suffer the consequences.

1 Like

I think there’s nothing wrong with that if ur still aware of ur surroundings and not licked or if u are having dinner at home or with buddies. It is wrong if u are wasted and do.

1 Like

Welcome to the community @Justin92 !

Maintaining mental and physical control is vital when carrying, or driving, etc. I think carrying or operating cars/equipment needs to stop long before we are “waisted”. And laws need to be followed to keep us out of trouble no matter how unconstitutional they may be.

1 Like

That was 6 days ago and 104 posts.

Toto we’re not in Kansas anymore!

The original question was simple and we kind of got off track IMO.

1 Like

Not good. Don’t drink and drive and dont carry the firearm or put it in your car.

1 Like

I have to agree with you on the slippery slope of this. The original question included going to dinner with wife/girlfriend and having a couple of beers. Over the course of a dinner, maybe an hour at a restaurant to metabolize some alcohol, is anyone really impaired by 2 beers by the end of dinner? Everyone should know how they are with alcohol and what their limitations are and obviously don’t push those limits. I hate the assumption that if you start drinking, you are drunk. One drink is too much but 12 is not near enough. Wrong! Drinking responsibly includes more than not getting behind the wheel of a car. It means not getting drunk and/or impaired to hamper what you are doing.
This really isn’t about drinking any amount while carrying. The gun prohibitionists will use anything against you to disarm another American. I find the suggestions to leave your sidearm at home a dereliction of the duty you previously took on. Everyone should definitely learn the applicable laws of their state or risk unknowingly becoming a felon for some obscure trap laid to ensnare you.

2 Likes

Welcome to the community @Andrew178 !

Totally agree. I have certainly known a few people who are entirely incapable of stopping at one drink. For them, one drink is too much. My grandfather was and father-in-law is an alcoholic so I understand the issues alcohol can lead to when it gains control of your life. But millions of people drink responsibly every day without incident. One or two drinks does not turn the average person into an out of control threat to society and I see no justifiable reason for denying the right of self defense to responsible citizens.

1 Like

I don’t know about you but I think know what the answer would be at all police departments.

1 Like

This thread should have less comments, don’t do it.

2 Likes

First off, if I knew I was going to be drinking I would leave the gun at home to begin with. If you decided to drink and you are carrying I would think it would be best to put it in a lock box and unload it. Store the gun and ammo separately if you can,

3 Likes

How a drink at home. BE safe and smart

1 Like

Live your life having a drink with dinner or two is nothing. Will it stop a violent attack No but the odds of you absolutely needing your gun is slim .As always be aware of your surroundings and act smart .I would always avoid using your carry piece unless it was necessary. Criminals every Damn Day commit crimes high on drugs that are felons !!!Dont worry about violating a Law let the lawyers worry about that if the time comes !Life life Enjoy and always carry !Does a person that takes pain meds stop carrying nope !SO MOTE IT BE !

Doing both is not the best idea. But look at the scenario, that if you were home and having a few beers and you had a confrontation. How responsible are you? I always hope that I never have to use my firearm, but if I do, I am fully functional. I am also new on here and a having a carry license, but am very aware of certain limits to owning and carrying a weapon.

1 Like

There is only one solution…call me and I’ll pick up your guns and your girlfriend and give her a ride home. For her safety. Then without that distraction you’ll be much more likely to make it on home.

1 Like

Where are you located and what is the procedure to take advantage of this offer?

1 Like

I agree with the general consensus. Don’t drink and carry or just don’t drink while carrying. Is a few beers worth the possible consequences?

1 Like

probably best not to drink and carry

1 Like

When I worked for Homeland Security our SOP was if the weapon is on your body then you are carrying. If it’s in some kind of container, ( your trunk in this case) then you are transporting the weapon. Either way I wouldn’t want to be around it if alcohol is involved.

1 Like

Welcome to the family brother @Justin92 , glad you could join us.