Don't Do It - Should I buy a gun?

Wanda3

Remind me never to make you mad. I like the target.

With the exception of testing a gun and the last magazine, I generally shoot two to five rounds in rapid succession. Which is probably fairly realistic. I also go into the range early, they know me by name and they let me draw if there’s no one else in yet. I have a shot timer app for my Smart phone (Ipsc Shot Timer) that was a free App. It can set the volume to set it off so I can work with CO2 pistols in the garage or back yard to save money. Dry and CO2 seemed to make a big difference after the cost of ammo jumped so bad.

Young lady, it has been nice sharing with you and you to me.
Stay safe out there.
Stone

I do pretty good with slow fire, but shooting sets I do drift a little and the first round after a reload on the fly tends to be low, rushing the shot.

4 Likes

@Stone
Thanks… I downloaded the app and will look it over. one day, IDPA…
you stay safe as well…

2 Likes

Keeping a firearm is as much of a responsibility as it is a right.
Much like marriage,
I would never encourage someone who is not up to the responsibility to exercise the right.

6 Likes

It’s not an addiction, it’s a calling. :smiley:

7 Likes

@Larry130 Thats a better choice of words and a better concept as well! Thanks.

4 Likes

I’m learning more over time. I cannot over emphasize safe handling. Wherever this journey takes me, I’ll encourage “responsibility”, and safe practices, soaking it in like a sponge nowadays.

4 Likes

Wanda,it is a pleasure to see people actually going out and practicing the use of their weapon,sorry for not calling it a gun,that is an Army slang that taught it was a weapon,and not a gun,there is a slang that calling your weapon a gun and a lot of miles you have to run with a weapon over your head making a chant as you ran

5 Likes

“This is my Weapon
This is my Gun
This ones for fighting
This ones for fun”

Oh the Memories.

7 Likes

That is it,and it will make you remember the terminology for sure,just like cleaning the Barracks floor with a tooth brush,but Probably not done any longer ,since the Military got SO PVC in training,heard the trainees even had stress cards around their necks they pull out when the DI was chewing them out ,and when shown the DI had to stop.I dont think the military of today is not the Military I was in in1961 thru1965

5 Likes

@Layton I keep getting reminded it should be called a weapon or a firearm. I wasn’t in the military so to me, it’s my Gun! Either way, safety, practice, diligence, and humility are the key words for me.

5 Likes

Sorry wasn’t picking on you,it was just terminology that was drilled into me and never really thought about it,also along with your firing of the weapon you have ,also need tho train your motor memory so in a situation you comply automatically with out thinking about what you are going to do.It does work and in a situation and after it is over,you will be surprised that you performed with out a thought

4 Likes

@Layton I need to do more of that, dry firing and training to pull the gun out of a holster and fire. Rule of 3’s. Muscle memory does work, just think about any habit. It becomes automatic (or semi-automatic as the case may be…)

2 Likes

The reason we avoid the word gun is that the word has negative connotations. To placate the sheep we avoid “trigger” words. Firearms used for self-defense are weapons, but, again, to placate the sheep, we call them self-defense tools or firearms, handguns, rifles, etc. We do not want the sheep to worry that we are violent, that we need government to control our tools and actions. I am quite peaceable, but if someone attempts to harm my wife or daughter, I will do whatever is necessary and within my abilities to stop the threat.

4 Likes

@Dave17 Good point. I have some friends who might be a little more positive if I framed it in that way.

4 Likes

I hope I don’t get the draft.

2 Likes

Wear proper underwear…

4 Likes

Just my opinion, don’t worry about it. I call them guns all the time, always have, pretty sure I always will.

Context is a thing, and there are times and places to avoid the word. Mostly, I think, in environments where some people present may not be aware that guns are present, or places where guns are not present. So, like, I don’t start talking to the people with me about “what’s your favorite gun” or something while on a commercial flight, and I wouldn’t say the word gun when being pulled over by a cop, either.

6 Likes

@Nathan57 It is one of those subjects to be careful with along with politics, religion, and whether or not one is vacinnated. lol. OHN I am not going there…

6 Likes

Wanda,I do my practice with laser targets and snap caps and have on demand lasers on all my weapons,and also practice point shooting and have 2 types of laser target,one has timed targets on the 4 corners with one in the middle,and the other one is just a target in the center

1 Like

@Layton Can you explain timed targets?

1 Like