Do YOU write your representatives?

As a responsibly armed American, a dsabled vet, etc. et al ad nauseam, I take a fair amount of time to inform my duly elected representatives at all levels how I feel about any gun law proposals, etc.

“Of the people, By the people, For the people” is something a ton of them really need to hear often else they tend to stray from campaign promises, as well as the U.S. Constitution.
Let’s all remember this. They work for us, are paid by our tax dollars, and if they rile enough of us up, they lose that honor. Be bold and tell them what you think!

9 Likes

Not much honor in politics these days, ethics, morals blah ,blah blah. Yeah I write to them, sometimes I call. Best guess is you got to do something do they know you’re displeased with their nonsense.

2 Likes

Every time I have written my state representatives I always get the same form letter reply( except from Robin Titus, she is 2A) saying that “we are doing what is best for the people”.

2 Likes

Yes I do.

1 Like

Absolutely, call them as well.

2 Likes

I write my rep. Problem is now I get hammered for donations every day it seems, but no mention of my email subject

3 Likes

yes, and mine are blumenthal and murphy…my head hurts and the wall has a hole in it.

2 Likes

@Smiddy >> I got a email back from Blumenthal. I didn’t reflect protecting 2A.
I did reply with 2A concerns, for what ever good it will do. Their heads are stuck so far up their butts they are never going to see the truth.

2 Likes

I write them. I get form replies. I vote for a new person. But everyone else just keeps voting 'em back in.

No wonder they don’t care what their constituents think, because their constituents don’t care what they think. Because constituents only focus on D or R. We have been well conditioned. It’s Helsinki syndrome (Google it).

7 Likes

Yes I do write my federal representative. My state representative lives 2 blocks from me. He stops and says hi if I’m outside, and I do the same if he is outside, when going for a walk or bike ride.

2 Likes

@45IPAC >>I just sent them another message <<

CLICK HERE >>. The Bellamy Brothers - Jalapenos - YouTube

2 Likes

I absolutely do! Too many people today say they don’t have time or “it doesn’t affect me”, but what they don’t realize is that every constitutional right that is taken away from us will eventually affect that person and what they believe in. People who don’t own guns really don’t care about the 2nd amendment, but they should! People who don’t live near the border and aren’t directly affected by immigrants illegally crossing our borders really don’t care about the border crisis, but they should because it will one day affect them! We the people should care a great deal about our constitutional rights, all of them. We should be aware of all the bills our politicians are proposing, especially with the current administration. CRT, Antifa, BLM, China, inflation, the climate change scam that’s being shoved down our throats, unemployment rates, higher taxes…it should matter to every American citizen whether or not it directly affects them! I could go on, but I won’t. Thank you for reading my rant. Have a safe day! :us:

1 Like

I don’t see much point. At the local level, they already seem to think that they know what’s good for us peons and ignore you if it goes against their agenda.

1 Like

Yes, and we see them face to face at different functions and my wife Nancy8 is very vocal. :us:

1 Like

Yes, although I mainly get form letters for replies.

3 Likes

Agree with all of your “rant” @Tamara9 except for the climate change part. I’m not going to waste breath arguing over the causes of climate change but I have personally witnessed the dramatic changes over my 5 decades on this hunk of rock. If you are ignoring them and not preparing for them you are very likely to pay a high price.

Though I do agree that most of the solutions proposed by the Democratic politicians are fatally flawed and many are economic scams designed to enrich a select few.

4 Likes

Thanks for your response. Don’t get me wrong, climate change is real, but I believe it’s a natural evolution based on the 6 decades I’ve been on this planet. What I have objection to is our current administration doing away with fossil fuels, fracking, and the belief that electric vehicles and wind power is our only way out. The “new green deal” isn’t the magic solution. Look what happened in Texas earlier this year with the wind mills freezing up during that cold snap leaving 10s of thousands of people without heat. The threat of hostile software attacks are real which puts all of this at risk. Every year some democrat or rino says we only have 5 years before global warming takes over and it hasn’t happened. I don’t have all the answers, I’m certainly no expert, but my point was that our government needs to be spending money in areas that need critical attention, like the border crisis, crime, backing our police, aborting CRT in our schools, workplaces and military, voter integrity and getting people back to work to make our economy strong again like it was before the plandemic and lockdowns shut everything down. Of course IMO all of these crises were created by our current administration so I don’t have any faith they will address or try to find solutions for any of them. These crises are just a distraction to get funding for all their pet projects. It’s just a temporary setback though bc I firmly believe the Republican Party will take the house and Senate in 2022 which will be followed by a Republican President in 2024, one whose had a proven successful track record. :us:

2 Likes

Don’t think the democrats are competent enough to deserve all the blame for everything wrong in the world. Nor do I think the Republicans are competent enough to come up with all the answers. Think they both mostly work to enrich themselves and their puppet masters.

Which is why I often write to representatives from both parties to tell them when they are screwing up and offer suggestions on how they might try to do things better. Not holding my breath that they will listen. The vast majority are corrupt beyond repair by the time they get to DC. Current and past administrations included.

4 Likes

I live in West Michigan. Our elections are pretty much determined by Detroit and the rest of East Michigan. The unions are strong in the former automobile capital so the Democrats get elected and re-elected time after time no matter how corrupt they are.

3 Likes

I used to. To be honest I have given up. At least here in OR our “representatives” dont care what you think. We have had votes 80% or better for one thing or another only to have the “representatives” do just the opposite. I just follow my conscious any more, do what I know is right and forget about all the unconstitutional BS this states congress critters legislate. It is a sad situation.

2 Likes