Do you respond to people that maybe give you a look if they happen to see your gun?

I just go about my day unless asked

2 Likes

That’s an unfortunate problem you get into with “mega churches” and sure complicates matters.

2 Likes

Oh, you must have missed the point of the discussion here, it’s all about how we react when someone has noticed we’re carrying.

Yes, I’d bet you do get noticed everywhere you go and even if open carrying it probably would have little to do with the gun. :wink:

2 Likes

I had the same cituation once but at a convenit store.the guy looked and started to say something.i looked at him and said just dont. He kepted his mouth shut.

2 Likes

You missed a great opportunity to win over at least one convert there.

2 Likes

In agreement with you 100% @Lacy. It’s not just about how we react, but how others react as well.

Walking up to someone we don’t know who saw our gun can put them on the immediate defensive. They don’t know us, approaching them could be seen as threatening. Last thing I want is someone screaming “he has a gun” and pointing at me, I don’t need the unnecessary attention. This is why I choose to not acknowledge and leave them with the “did I see what I just thought I saw” argument going on in their head.

This is on point and very relevant to the conversation. Hopefully it gave people food for thought.

3 Likes

@BrophE thank you for the kind words. I don’t ever expect everyone to agree with me. It’s nice when someone does. Despite if someone doesn’t agree I believe it’s their right to. I agree with you in what I said is relevant to the conversation which is why I stated it. I stand by my convictions and will hold to my belief that what I said is the right thing to do. Anyways, enough said on that lol.

3 Likes

If they’ve already noticed your carrying and reacted you’ve already drawn attention to yourself. Might as well try to make a positive interaction out of it once that happens.

2 Likes

Lacy, after many years I have finally learned to not worry about whether or not people agree with me. I speak my beliefs and let other people speak theirs. Agreement is a secondary consideration.

Regards.

2 Likes

Go on about your business. If ask I will talk to them. I had one person ask if I had permit to carry. I get my ccw permit out and showed them. And that broke the ice.

1 Like

After reading the interactions, I don’t think @Lacy missed it, @Wildrose. She was elaborating on why she wouldn’t go up and talk to the person unless they verbalized that they’d seen the firearm.

I think @Lacy makes a great point about not knowing someone’s background. A friendly smile and nod will show the other person that you’re aware and hopefully not-threatening. Being approached by someone carrying a gun may be intimidating for a lot of people who have a bad history with firearms.

2 Likes