Do YOU know what to do when the rioters get to YOUR NEIGHBORHOOD?

Decided to put a gun safe in my mobile since I work nights.

4 Likes

:beers: prepare for the worst, hope for the best! If it turns out to be the worst you followed the 7p’s

5 Likes

My flag has been flying in front of my house for the last 17 years…

17 Likes

This has been broiling since a no name known anti-police, black racist “criminal black community organizer” who mysteriously became an Illinois State Senator…and then “appointed” into our highest office in the land…the President!
He and his like minded cronies, Eric Holder and Loretta Lynch, who he appointed to the head of our highest law enforcement department, emboldened the criminal aspect of the black community to commit more and stronger racial crimes and to attack and kill Police Officers. Assuring them that use of the race card would protect them from punishment of justice.

The saddest part of this is the good, law abiding, hard working Black Americans will suffer the loss of everything…just because of skin color association.

Because it WILL become a Race War…and being only 13% of the population as a whole…and ad another 12% to 15% of liberal Whites and other races who will join the black criminal element…they STILL are overwhelmingly out numbered and out gunned.

Like the premise of the little known movie “Bushwick” where southern states begin their succession from the USA union and plan and enact attacks on one of several gun banned cities…in this case the Brooklyn burrow Bushwick…because there will be little to no resistance since the population there have had their 2nd Amendment protection (guns) taken away.

THIS IS BARACK HUSSEIN OBAMA’S LEGACY! AND NOW THE LEGACY OF THE LYING DEMOCRAT DEEP STATE!

Be prepared!
Keep your powder dry.
And your aim on target!

PRAYING TO SEE ALL OF YOU SAFE AND SECURE ON THE OTHER SIDE!

7 Likes

@Dawn

Yes, there are. I was really underwhelmed by the USCCA’S reply to me when I called about this happening.

Seems we are to run even if they burn our homes down, with us in them. As we couldn’t adequately pick out who flung bricks or Molotov cocktails at our homes and defending our homes is stuff defense even if what they are flinging will kill us in our home.

Use your training and realize the difference between stuff defense and self defence. Except if they burn my stuff they incidentally kill me and my spouse.

I was not happy with that response.

3 Likes

@Zavier_D, I haven’t heard the phone call so I cannot speak to what was asked or responded. What I can say, based on your comment, is that the point of self-defense is to get out of a situation safely. If they’re attacking my house and I can get everyone out safely, I’m out. I’m VERY angry, but I’m out and my family is safe.

If we cannot get out, we can defend ourselves. I do not know of anyone at the USCCA who would say you cannot defend your lives, but using lethal force is our last defense. It’s much easier to replace things than it is to spend the rest of your life in jail.

Falling back on our training is what we all need to do. This is an emotionally charged time, don’t let that change who you are.

6 Likes

Everyone has to cover there ass legally… can’t tell somebody to use violence thats just as bad or worse then the rioters… i drive semi and got a page long message about how to get out of a situation using the semi as deadly force but don’t use deadly force at the same time… everything is situational based. There is no right answer. If somebody uses deadly force to save their life of families life then they felt thats what they needed to do. Just be prepared to justify your actions…

6 Likes

I think you nailed it. We have to know our options, and understand the potential consequences. This helps us make faster decisions, and that could be the difference between a tragedy avoided or years of legal trouble.

4 Likes

Welcome to the Twilight Zone… Coordinated anarchy is raging across our country. Police are being murdered and maimed. Citizens are being beaten. Personal property is being destroyed. Anarchist threatening to take their destruction to our neighborhoods. Now we are supposed to take down our flags and run away? I don’t think so…

“We the People of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defense, promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America.”

This is the preamble to the Constitution I swore to uphold.

4 Likes

8 Likes

I’ve been nervous about this too. As a homeowner in the city of Richmond, VA, I can say that things were really hairy here over several days. Arson, looting, severe vandalism, riot police, National Guard on standby, not a pretty picture. Of the 233 arrested two nights ago, half were from out of town.

I think that the worst is over, but a crowd of protestors got gassed (two blocks from my home) at the Lee Monument last night, about 20 minutes before curfew. I saw the videos and it was a loud, rude, but non-violent assembly. So who knows if tonight will be peaceful. As far as I can tell there were no fires set last night. Air support and drones on station all night.

My plan was always shelter-in-place. We’ve cleaned up graffiti before, picked up the trash and swept up broken glass, that’s part of choosing to live in (even the historic part of) the city, but I’m worried about arson. Evacuating from a burning house into a crowd of rioters with my wife and two teens in tow is not my ideal scenario. Maybe shelter in the garage as a last resort? It’s not attached to the house and inside the 6’ wooden fence. Ugh. I have to have a plan in place before November though.

Good luck everyone. I have faith the Republic will survive. It may be in tatters for a while, but it has to survive.

5 Likes

12 Likes

Johnny Cash - Ragged Old Flag (Official Audio) - YouTube Music

3 Likes

You have some serious concerns, brother:

We had our first tussle here in Fredericksburg, VA yesterday.

Your first responsibility is to protect your family. Have several fire-extinguishers in easy reach. It is good to drill with your family. Home intrusion and fire drills are essential. Make sure your family will rally in a room away from your fields of fire. Plan contingencies. As many as possible. Nothing wrong with egress routes and rally points. Know the difference between cover and concealment. If your aggressor can shoot back make sure you have good cover (something that will stop a bullet)… Sheetrock doesn’t work so well. Also know your backstops. You are responsible for every bullet you fire. Make sure you aren’t lighting up your neighbors homes.

2 Likes

I live in a stretch of neighborhood with 2 entry and exit points. You block those and there is no where to go. Lot of LEO and elderly retired couples live here. I live off what if. Since Covid 19 and now this I have had 4 incidents in 4 months. Been able to deescalate them all. Haven’t pulled a gun on a single person.

I’ve lived here almost 20 years and had more issues in past 4 months than previous 20 years on my property.

Sunday night protests got violent in Birmingham, some of downtown got thrashed over a monument. Threats were made, that if the monument wasn’t gone by today Tuesday, they would be back and they would head into other areas. I live in closest other area to downtown. I got concerned called USCCA to see what my options were, I’ve already said the rest.

I’m not stupid my most valuable possessions are already packed and if I hear the slightest chance they are heading this way we are gone.

2 Likes

Been there done that. Problem is, as far as I was able to gather was. Who do you shoot? If they stand off and throw Molotov’s. Have 4 industrial grade fire extinguishers in my home. Have 4 night vision cameras around house that will be ineffective against a crowd due to light.

2 Likes

That’s the story that made me nervous. I’ve got the place pretty well staged with the firearms and fire extinguishers, and the family knows the drill, including the challenge and response in the event I am separated from them when they are forced to barricade. Good reminders to run over everything again when things calm down to keep everyone ready. Thanks.

I was less concerned about thermonuclear war when I worked for the government and could read the cable traffic than I am now given the state of things… .

2 Likes

This isn’t as bad as the sixties and seventies, yet. Unfortunately, we don’t have as many WWII vets around…

1 Like

Honest question.

You don’t unless you can clearly identify an imminent threat.

3 Likes

Good call on the extinguishers. I need to check mine.

This reminds me of some friends who went to visit their family in a war zone. They said it wasn’t that big of a deal. The mortars came from the same direction and the same time of day, so they simply went to the other side of the house during those hours. :open_mouth:

3 Likes