Do you have more than 1 edc handgun? Why?

I have 2. Essentially it is summer and not summer carry. Summer carry is a little easier to conceal in a tank and shorts.

5 Likes

I concur, I think the Fusion MSR round is a differently branded Gold Dot from everything Iā€™ve seen online. It seems like the velocity on the MSR is a little higher (which is good). It is also readily available and reasonably priced.

I misspoke above I have the older 64gr Gold Dots which are replaced by the newer 62gr Gold Dots. I think they are effectively the same, but as I work through my current stash of 64gr instead of switching to the 62gr I may replace them all with the 75gr which seems to be more available (even pre-COVID)

I have seen the 75gr on sale here and there. SGAmmo and LuckyGunner both currently have 55gr Gold Dots. If I see something good like that I will usually post it in the POLL: Are You Finding Ammo? If so, where? thread. I try to keep in mind what Iā€™ve seen others looking for as I see ammo deals from reputable stores even if they arenā€™t what I need.

Ammoseek shows it in stock in a few stores for $1.40-$1.60/rnd, but Iā€™m not familiar with whether those stores are any good or not

4 Likes

hmm yeah those donā€™t appear to be retailers I would order from.

Iā€™ll keep keeping an eye out for that 75gr gold dot. :+1:

4 Likes

Yes. Different clothes, different times of the year, different environments, etc. all play a part in the choice of carry. I do have a primary EDC that sees the most use but their are other options available as different situations call for different addressment, I.e., adjustable wrench, open end wrench, box end wrench, 6-pt, 12-pt, etc. All may work for a given size nut however, some may be better suited for the task at hand.

5 Likes

Texas too, brother! :wink:

4 Likes

Why?
Because I can !

7 Likes

I have three that fit the same holster but I carry the same one most of the time.

5 Likes

Same here, just one Iā€™m most familiar with.
I renewed in January and now have three I can legally carry (California quirk).
I carried a SR9C for the last six years. I now carry a slimmer and smaller Shield 9 compact for the added option of pocket carry.

4 Likes
type or paste code here

4 Likes