Do You Fly the American Flag?

Always did wonder the reason for backwards streaming flag. Thanks for that.:us::+1:

4 Likes

I fly two different ones, the original and occasionally the Thin Blue Line. People have stopped to ask what the black and white one is and I get a chance to talk to neighbors that are walking. I installed a photocell controlled LED after finding out that the solar powered one would not last all night in winter.

3 Likes

I got to do a bit of research on the history of our flag before tackling that bio-diverse organism I call “Lawn”. Red, white and blue are the colors we supposedly adopted from England. Nice combination, all the same. One of our original flags had a Union Jack in the upper left-hand corner on a field of thirteen red and white stripes indicating each of the original colonies. Along the way we added a meaning to each color. Red for valor and bravery. White for purity and innocence. Blue for vigilance, perseverance and justice. Plenty of design changes over the years. Most involved adding five-pointed stars for each new state. Some claim up to 77 changes total. The last and present US flag was introduced on July 4, 1960. Same month I was born :slight_smile: Needless to say, we have a rich and unique history with a meaningful symbol bringing us together.

3 Likes

I fly it everyday and always will.

4 Likes

Welcome to the community @William249!

2 Likes

My flag flys 24/7 every day unless a bad storm is coming. My grandfather was a WWI veteran with 3 purple hearts. His flag is on display in my office with his medals. It is imperative that we not forget the sacrifices of the men and women who have bled and died for this country.

8 Likes

Welcome to the community @Michael342!

1 Like

Just as a matter of course; doesn’t protocol require the Flag to be lowered at sunset?

2 Likes

Good question @Russ. One of the reasons I added a link to The American Flag | USAGov site:

2 Likes

Yes, we fly the flag

I knew as a young man that something was very seriously wrong from within when veterans who fought for our country came home only to be spit on. The act though, did not condemn something in the veteran, but rather condemned something in the country that sent them to war, and spit on them when they came home, if they noticed them at all.

I call that something an evil. Not that every person who unwittingly goes along with it are themselves evil, but they are serving an evil, an evil that now hates this country and all of it’s symbols. This evil has now divided us, one American from another, separating us back into groups and alliances where we are given definitions of ourselves that are irreconcilable one to another. An evil that calls for destruction.

But we fly the flag. We fly the flag to honor the good of this country, and the good men and women who have given their measure to preserve and defend her, be they a soldier, a cop, or a volunteer.

So yes, we fly the flag.

4 Likes

Thanksv

3 Likes

Welcome to the family brother and god bless you.

2 Likes

Welcome to the family brother and god bless you. You are in the right place at the right time.

2 Likes

@William249.
Welcome to the community
COBRA01 .
Train Hard and Stay Safe

2 Likes

@Michael342.
Welcome to the community
COBRA01 .
Train Hard and Stay Safe

2 Likes

Damn Dwayne!! We owe your entire family a thanks!!

4 Likes

My problem is this
and this is the sad part
not many people have that pride anymore.
I take issue with I am a American, I have all these freedoms, I can do what ever I want, and that includes not respecting or taking pride in the place you are from attitude that seems to be everywhere nowadays. I can tell on my street who the Vets are, where the fireman and/or the cop lives (and they probably think the same thing of me). I mean FFS, I went to art school for gods sake, technically I should be the guy stealing your flags and burning them. Any who I’ll stop there before I get into a real rant :smiley: , my point is I just don’t think the pride in our country is that strong anymore and that symbol of pride is our flag
that’s what bugs me.

5 Likes

@Marcus64 The attitude stems from our educational system. 95% of the contempt for our country comes from the teachers pumping kids heads full of anti-American hate. Read, write, science and math? To many genders to memorize for that other stuff.

5 Likes

you forgot the big one :smiley: 
no more pledge of allegiance. I totally agree with you!!
The three R’s that’s all they need to know.

anyhow
enjoy the rest of your sunday!

4 Likes

I’d like to fly the American flag, but it feels like it’s become too much of a partisan thing now - at least in my world.
Trump supporters and Republicans fly it, everybody else doesn’t.
I don’t like that thinking, but that’s what I see in reality.
I think the American flag represents unity across us all in the United States, and I think we’ve lost that unity.
I believe we still have that as citizens, and the majority of us all. I believe we’ve lost that when it comes to politicians, special interests, and the mass media.

4 Likes