2 Likes

here here!! and welcome

3 Likes

@Gregory88.

Welcome to the community
COBRA01 .
Train Hard and Stay Safe

2 Likes

Welcome to the family brother and you are in the right place at the right time.

2 Likes

Everyday, because Iā€™m proud to bean America. And for all who served this country and for those who made the ultimate sacrifice.

4 Likes

Welcome to the family brother and god bless you and thank you for your service.

2 Likes

@Lawrence_W.
Welcome to the community.
COBRA01
Train Hard and Stay Safe

2 Likes

I do fly the American flag because I am proud of this country. I was raised to believe that God has raised this country up to be a light to the world. Today there are many that are trying to extinguish this light because of this I fly my flag every day.

6 Likes

@Radame.
Welcome to the community.
COBRA01
Train Hard and Stay Safe

3 Likes

Coming from the UK, where individuals who fly the UK flag are assumed to be racist, it is refreshing to see that there is no such association in the USA.

I was told that the larger the flag, the more patriotic you are, so the Japanese car dealers who fly the football field size flags must be extra patriotic then :smiley:

I fly the US flag, as a tribute to the country of my current residence (also my wife is American), and the UK flag since Iā€™m British. As per flag etiquette, the US flag is higher than the UK flag, and they are lit up at night.

9 Likes

Welcome to the family and god bless you brother.

4 Likes

We live in a building and they do not allow flags or other things, but I was raised by a Korean War vet and the proudest American I will ever know. My father passed 8 months ago, and I keep his dog tags with me and the flag presented at his funeral is framed on the wall. That is my flag. He was a fine Patriot and instilled that in us all. He passed his .38 Special down to me and when I shoot it, I feel like he is standing next to me. I am proud to be an American.

6 Likes

This year Iā€™ve seen more American flags flown. It gives me hope. I know that is someone who supports law & order no matter what is displayed on TV or media.

4 Likes

Great first post. Welcome to our Community!

3 Likes

@Lynette. Great post and welcome to the community sister.

2 Likes

48 star sewn cotton flag I picked up at an antique store.

I hang a flag from May til I put up Halloween decorations. Then back up for Veterans Day.

7 Likes

Iā€™ve been thinking about where I am on this since this postā€¦

And I also listened to a Rich Roll podcast on youtube had it as a topic a week ago - the ā€˜content moderation problemā€™ episode. It was in the first 10 minutes of it probably.
After that, it does get into other unrelated things.
But it was interesting to hear it there as well I thought.
I donā€™t know where they are on the political side of things.
But some interesting perspectives, I thought.

I just had all fascia boards replaced 2 years ago, and never put up a flag holder after that.

But I think I will now.
And will fly the flag for important times in our history - Memorial Day, Fourth of July, and will have to figure out when else.
But Iā€™m feeling when itā€™s flown daily, it then seems more partisan. Maybe not. But thatā€™s my feeling.

Iā€™ll now fly it for what I think it was meant to represent, at least for me - our independence, our freedom, in respect for those that fought for us in the past, and future, and the things that might help us think in more united ways.

5 Likes

@Gregory88 Sorry about the rough start on this thread. Flying the flag is about being an American. About our forefathers risking everything so we can have a taste of liberty. The many sacrifices our countrymen have made to water that tree of liberty. Even though we fall short, we still strive for freedom. Not for ourselves aloneā€¦

6 Likes

I think it was actually a good start for me - got me thinking more in depth about it all. I took a trip to DC maybe 5/6 years ago, and it really opened my eyes on how things used to be, compared to how they are now. Seems like special interests, and big money donors, have taken us in bad directions.

4 Likes

@Gregory88 We all get moments of inspiration. One of my most memorable was while working at HQ PACAF on Hickman AFB. My office had a large caliber bullet hole through the exterior wall by my desk. Walking up a flight of steps everyday looking at more bullet holes. Another was working in the Pentagon while they were repairing the airplane crash damage from 9/11. Inspirational and a clear reminderā€¦

3 Likes