Happy Flag Day!

Happy Flag Day!
image image

Do you find the use of the US Flag (sometimes with changes) on a variety of items to be disrespectful?

• Yes, don’t mess with our Flag
  • Yes, because it goes against our official Flag Code
  • No, if it’s done in the spirit of the US and our freedoms
  • No, it’s a pattern that can be changed as some sees fit

0 voters

I am on the fence on this one and would have to look at it on a case by case basis

2 Likes

20190606_205342

4 Likes

Lol! You sound like an attorney :rofl:

Happy Flag Day, @DBrogue!

1 Like

Flag

3 Likes

I have mixed emotions about the United States flag being used other than as a flag. In some cases it is a sign of respect and unity while others it is a sign of disrespect and anarchy. Now you know why I am on the fence.

2 Likes

Happy Flag Day. Here are the flags that I fly almost every day depending on weather.)

2014-07-25_13-48-32_90

This is another flag that I got. And it is of OLD GLORY, THE CONFEDERATE BATTLE FLAG, AND GADSDSEN FLAG combined.

IMG_20161116_103551858_HDR

1 Like

I totally understand, @DBrogue! I’ve seen some really tasteful flag shirts and some really disrespectful flag shirts. I see it all as a form of expression and am OK with it used as long as it’s not a part of hate speech.

Personally, the only thing I have an issue with is taking a knee during the National Anthem (kinda has to do with the flag :thinking: ).

2 Likes

I remember years ago an “artist” displayed his creation at a museum which consisted of an upside down cross placed in a clear jar of urine and he had laid out an American flag on the floor which you had to step on to view his creation.
If this wasn’t bad enough he received tax payer funding from the U.S. government Endowment for the Arts for his “protected” freedom of artistic expression creation. OUTRAGED…you bet I was.
Tasteful displays of our flag I can accept but you will always have those to willingly cross the line.

3 Likes

I think if you have an actual flag, it should be treated with every bit of respect it’s due.

And if people love our flag and what it stands for enough to want to wear it, or tattoo it on their body or their gun, I’m all good with it. So many people treat it with disrespect because of what it stands for that anyone who embraces it with passion , in any form, is ok with me.

5 Likes

@Zee

Well put, intent has a lot to with it

1 Like