Flag Day

Flag Day is to commemorate the resolution passed by the Second Continental Congress in 1777 stating that, “the flag of the United States be 13 stripes, alternate red and white,” and that “the union be 13 stars, white in a blue field, representing a new constellation.”

What does the American flag represent to you?

12 Likes

Patriotism and the Constitution.

I love June! Things in June:
My Birthday.
Fathers Day
Our Anniversary
And yes, I milk it for all I can, Flag Day. I tell the kids every year, here is my Flag Day gift list.

5 Likes

Freedom (since 2005) and Pride (since 2010)
:us:

2 Likes

Freedom, independence, pride, and the courage it took the founders of our great country to push forward and make it possible.

5 Likes

To quote a movie. "Honor, Code, Country.

4 Likes

It represents hope, freedom, and a spirit of “all go, no quit.” The image of soldiers raising the flag of Iwo Jima is what usually comes to mind.

6 Likes

Coincidentally also the Army birthday!

3 Likes

A symbol of honor, peace, of a blessed nation, freedom, land of the free and home of the brave, powerful and great.

3 Likes

The American Flag has so much meaning.

God, I would not know where to begin but will say,

She is refuge to foreigner.

She is justice to the victim.

She is freedom to the oppressed.

She is the land of the free and home of the brave. That’s who my flag is and much more :us::us::us::us::us::us::us:

5 Likes

I’ve said this before, but I want to live to see the day when everyone accepts that the flag represents all Americans, and we don’t need all these custom versions to represent our pet causes.

And if you have a problem sharing “your flag” with an American who is different than you, then perhaps you’re the problem.

4 Likes

Versions? Like blue line? Red line? Or like confederate?

1 Like

Blue line, red line, rainbows, stuff in the Canton, you name it. It’s all fine, but when the actual US flag flies, it should be a unifying symbol. It represents the Union throughout time, not just some parts of the Union, or the Union of the past. Anyone that burns it out of malice lacks this basic understanding.

I personally wouldn’t include Confederate flags. Those are literally symbols of disunion. I don’t have a big problem with them in context. When I’m down South I know they represent Southern heritage. When I see someone flying one in Wisconsin, though, it sets off my spidey senses. That’s like flying the Imperial Japanese flag at Pearl Harbor.

2 Likes

I live in NC and we travel around the south a bit. There are a LOT of confederate flags, many of them huge, and many flown with the current flag.

4 Likes

The feeling I get every morning when I open the curtains and see my flag flying in the breeze. :star_struck:

5 Likes

I’m no fan of the Confederate flag and agree with all your saying BUT in Louisiana you would have to get used to it…

OR you would be tripping out on people because they are on 40% of big trucks and peoples shirt…

1 Like

The fallen who served under old glory to make this country and to maintain it. The freedom to worship God as you wish. The melting pot of the world that brings all the good things and some bad. Everybody has that uncle at Thanksgiving. The ability to be what you want. Good fishing, good hunting, baseball, football and apple pie.

5 Likes

Pecan Pie

4 Likes

Yes. Yes. Pecan pie. :tongue:

4 Likes

:yum::yum::yum::yum::yum:

1 Like

Okay, yeah, Pecan Pie indeed! I like that.

5 Likes