Do You Fly the American Flag?

@David-65 There are some “Americans” that show contempt for our flag and our country at every opportunity. I fly our flag because I recognize what great sacrifices have been made to keep those colors flying. The liberties that the American flag represents. The article I included is by a retired Army Infantry Colonel, lawyer and author. He made several salient points about the people that want to destroy our country. It was only a few months ago that some here suggested flying the American flag was provocative and it would be better not to display the American flag than to become a target. Yes, I asked a legitimate question and have received some heartfelt and uplifting answers. After serving the USA for 43 years, I don’t think sharing with each other patriotic thoughts is a frivolous endeavor.

11 Likes

I don’t fly the flag. Mainly because we don’t have a flagpole, and things like that cost money, but also because the sun bleaches them, and the wind tears them apart. I do have one I like on my wall, but I really want a Betsy Ross flag to hang on my wall.

8 Likes

I chose to preserve my re-enlistment flag, which flew on/over the USS Arizona, Memorial, Pearl Harbor, HI. It was flown in accordance with all laws governing the USS Arizona Memorial.

16 Likes

@LordDeinonychus I would be happy to send you an American flag if you are willing to display it.

9 Likes

OH! I forgot that I also have 2 Trump flags flying on the front of the house. Now back to the Southern thing I also have something like 14 different flags from the Civil War era, that I change out and fly every week or two.

6 Likes

I fly my Old Glory every day weather permitting. And I also fly with it either my Israeli flag, Gadsden flag, or one that I got that has an AR-15 on it and says COME AND TAKE IT. But Old Glory is always with whichever one I fly. I’m PROUD OF MY COUNTRY AND A BIG TIME SUPPORTER OF ISRAEL.

And here is a flag that I got that has all in one Old Glory, Confederate Battle Flag, and the Gadsden Flag.

13 Likes

Yes and I am PROUD to do so. The people who are not are welcome, and encouraged, to leave.

7 Likes

@Wood That would be the simplest solution. I don’t think they will. It is all about undermining our country and way of life. Trampling on the Constitution and selling out to the highest bidder. If that US flag in front of my home means I’m a target, so be it. I will defend those colors and the ideas they stand for with my last breath.

7 Likes

Amen and Amen!

5 Likes

This is the one we fly from September 1st through September 30th, for the last 19 years. Never Forget…

18 Likes

24/7…365

'Nuff said.

16 Likes

Our family followed the fly it memorial day to labor day, veterans day like @JamesR

We had a old COTTON CLOTH one with 48 stars, My Dad used to joke I’ll be damned if I have to recognize ________ and ________ as states!!! (usually Idaho and Maine for some reason??? :smiley: :smiley: )

5 Likes

For more than 20 years, 24/7/365 on my farm. It is properly lighted at night. My parents were both WWII vets, I gave the Government 30 years, my Son spent another 20 in the Corps and now has another 4 in the Air Force. If my flag offends anyone that’s too bad. It will fly as long as I am physically able to fly it. May heaven have mercy on anyone who decides to take it down, because i will have none.

13 Likes

Ours flys 24/7/365. It’s what this country stands for. Keep it lit up at night. Few local knotheads keep yanking ours along with a couple neighbors down. One neighbor caught a couple the other night and sprayed em down with paintballs👍. No respect for the ones that think they want to kneel down for it or light it up and burn it

12 Likes

Yes! Because Merica!

11 Likes

When I was very young we took a pledge of allegiance, I would imagine that most of the folks here did. That still means something to me. Not frivolous I think most people ( if not all) already know why they fly the flag. Sarcasm is wasted on some people.

6 Likes

@David-65 I guess it is along with a heartfelt question.

4 Likes

I started a thread in another forum asking for people to show their flag and we had a bit of a troublemaker chime in. My quick reply is what follows:

I fly a flag to show patriotism. It’s not to brag or show off, but show my pride in America. I’m not flying it to be boastful or for any “look at me” value. It’s a simple statement that’s means an awful lot to me and many others. This flag reminds me of the men and women who fought so we can have the freedom to fly this flag and enjoy the other freedoms we have in this country today.

16 Likes

I mean this with all do respect, I recommend going to military.com and go to flag day and then flag etiquette. I believe this is something we all need to review once in a while. Long may she wave!I

10 Likes

Because I want to!

7 Likes