Deputizing Legal Gun Owners?

In Kentucky, there is a legal process that must be followed.

1 Like

Mike BKY,
As in Posse- like idea behind Posse Comitatus?
Cheers
Harry

2 Likes

Absolutely agree. I might go a tad further to suggest concealed permit required as their ability has been attested. Speaking of myself, I have a duty to protect LEO and will always, as I have in the past, lend a 6. I was injured assisting a Sacramento deputy and the county covered my injury with no issue. We are a great resource in these times and we should be utilized.

5 Likes

Slippery slope. The current state of protest is to fight the overly enforced thumb of law enforcement. Rallying up a posse to got out only increases the chance of violence. If there is violence already, then you have trigger happy folks untrained yet again and on a rampage.

15 year Veteran Infantry, Military Police and Logistics.

1 Like

That’s good cuz I are one!

Submarines Once!
Submarines Twice!!
Holy Jumping… you should know the rest :sunglasses:

I was out of Norfolk in 85 on the 704 and I know of what you speak even though we shall not speak of it.

Cheers,

Craig6

2 Likes

How many of the state’s 250K gun owners actually live in this Sheriff’s county? Only citizens in his county are eligible for his… deputizing “program.”

1 Like

Florida has nearly 2,000,000 concealed carry license holders or roughly 9% of the 21,670,000 population. Clay County has about 219,000. If the numbers are evenly spread throughout the state, that means there are about 20,000 concealed carry license holders in Clay County. Still a potentially formidable force.

4 Likes

It might help in a SHTF scenario but not in our current state. To many anti-gun politicians/lawyers foaming at the mouth to try a case involving a misuse of force or brandishing weapons. Think of the current optics and what would happen if if a “specially deputized” person had to actually use force. People are getting fired just by saying “All Lives Matter”…

4 Likes

I would gladly be part of the posse to protect my rights of this amazing nation. I will not bow down because someone might get there feelings hurt. Our nations history our freedom’s and rights are being trampled every day since the rioting started. If we need to for militias and posse’s to save our great nation from what is starting to happen, well then sign me up… this country is worth fighting for and anyone that doesn’t feel like it is ,has the right to find somewhere else to live.

6 Likes

Here is a scary thought. What happens when the real deputies arrive and have to decipher who is the criminal and who is not?

3 Likes

He said “every gun owner”, probably because in Florida, Concealed Weapon Or Firearm Licenses are processed through the Department of Agriculture and he won’t know who had one unless you show him the license, which would tell him that you have had the criminal background check you would want for a deputy.

2 Likes

Simple, posse members are assigned to regular deputies and work shifts with there regular duties leading them.

2 Likes

All for it. It’s called a Force Multiplier. I would do an immediate federal background check. To make sure at inception of needing them, no major red flags. Then have on going check points as to their fitness to serve in this capacity.

Then create an comprehensive on going training and drilling. Perhaps one Sat/ Sun a month. Give them tax credits for volunteering. And deep discounts on any gear needed to fulfill their role.

You already have people that want to. We just need to really be careful, some may not have the discipline when needed. However isn’t that a human thing?

And also take age requirements off Federal, State and other agency work. Guys and girls 40-60+ can still kick butt. And a lot of times are in better shape than folks half their age.

Let’s get er done :white_check_mark:

4 Likes

I am absolutely with you Scott52, I took that oath in 1965, have been a United States Marine since - until I die!!! Won’t go into all the sh-t I have experienced, I AM HERE!!! Ready to Rock!

5 Likes

Yes the Sheriff can deputize anyone to help just like in the western days I would help him In a heartbeat any real American would

5 Likes

The Sheriff here in Culpeper County announced earlier this year prior to Virginia’s new gun laws that he would deputize citizens so they can keep their firearms if the “assault weapon” ban passed.

As an elected official, the Sheriff has a lot of power in their county. Following the demand for police reform, some counties in the south who only have a Sheriff’s Office are starting to debate forming a police department because of this. A Police Chief reports to their town/city/county administrator, unlike the Sheriff.

6 Likes

I stand corrected. Must have been a very long day for me then.

In a mostly peaceful Liberal demonstration, you look for the leaders, thugs and the instigators. The leaders are the ones trying to lay low while giving orders. The thugs are the ones making trouble and the instigators are more likely the Media. Take out the leaders, thugs and instigators and the “mostly peaceful demonstration” turns into a herd of sheep.

1 Like

IDK…

I imagine in a rare situation, it can help to have help, but I’d be worried I’d make a mistake or worry about someone else doing something “stupid”, as we all see, there is no shortage of it out there.

1 Like