Constitutional Carry in Florida

Now that we have a solid super majority in both the FL house and senate, there is no reason not to pass constitutional carry in Florida.

7 Likes

Welcome to the family brother @William948 and you are in the right place at the right time.

3 Likes

Welcome

3 Likes

I would caution you against putting too much faith in Republican majorities. We’ve seen this movie, before.

056ddd93-1fe7-40f4-8057-24f74caa0d68_text

9 Likes

We the People in the Free State of Florida can count on Constitutional Carry being passed, and likely soon. What remains to be seen is whether or not that will include Open Carry, which I enthusiastically support.

5 Likes

Hello and welcome @William948

1 Like

Best of luck to you Floridians in getting that passed.

I love seeing so many states recognizing the RIGHT to keep and bear arms as just that, a Right, and not something you need a mommy-may-I prior written authorization permission slip granting you the privilege (in however long it takes the government to grant, after paying money)

Can you imagine if you had to apply and pay for, then wait to receive, prior written permission before exercising free speech, or voting?

5 Likes

Welcome to the community @William948. It’s great to have you here. You will find this is a very welcoming community and very well informed. You’ll get some good information here.

Just because a politician has an (R) next to their name in the roster does not mean they necessarily support the constitution. We still need to put lots of pressure on them and get them moving in the right direction.

Anti-gun groups have very deep pockets, and they are continuing to put pressure on all politicians. We MUST do the same. These fights are long and they are expensive. Support groups that take the 2A fight to the courts and politicians. Your local Citizen’s Defense League, Second Amendment Foundation, Gun Owners of America, Firearms Policy Coalition are very effective in the fight and good ones to start with.

7 Likes

I donate monthly to 3 of the 4.

3 Likes

Welcome @William948, from a fellow Floridian.

6 Likes

In Utah, Passed and Governor Herbert vetoed it. Pass again the next cycle and Governor Cox signed it. Both are pretty solid “conservatives” but Herbert just couldn’t bring himself to sign it for some reason.

2 Likes