Defective Gun Won't Fire... need advice

With all the “gun shootings” in the news lately I decided to get some range time in over the weekend. So I went to the local range prepared to go through a few hundred rounds of ammo. I checked my gun thoroughly and loaded a full magazine. I then chambered a round, laid the gun on the firing booth safety gate, pointed it towards the target, and said “shoot”. But nothing happened. So I tried again, this time yelling “SHOOT!”. And still nothing. After several more attempts the RSO noticed I was having difficulties so came over to help. I explained to him my problem so he asked if it was okay to personally test my gun. He ensured everything looked correct, loaded a mag, chambered a round, laid the gun down, pointed it at the target, and yelled “shoot”. Nothing. He even tried talking nicely to it. Finally he gave up and said maybe it is a warranty issue and I should contact Glock directly. And ideas out there? My gun won’t even shoot a paper target, so how am I expected to defend myself against someone with a gun that shoots?

14 Likes

:scream: :scream: :scream: :scream: :scream: :scream: :dizzy_face: :dizzy_face: :dizzy_face: :dizzy_face: :dizzy_face: :dizzy_face:

Your kidden right now, bro?

Firstly, I would be contacting Glock and they need not only give me a new weapon but make some accommodations for the trouble.

After all had it been your life on the line…

2 Likes

However, I am reading something about a warranty card…

My God, who thinks to register it for proof of purchase?!

Glock says, " GLOCK , Inc. reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to accept proof of purchase in lieu of a completed warranty card. To make a claim under this warranty , contact GLOCK , Inc. at: 6000 Highlands Parkway, Smyrna, GA 30082 or call (770) 432-1202 for instructions on how to return your pistol"

1 Like

Wait… I am supposed to do something? I expect my gun to return itself.

4 Likes

That’s my first thought, but i’m researching there has to be something else.

2 Likes

Call 800-MY-GLOCK…they will send a technician for repair.
:upside_down_face:

6 Likes

Glocks are German. Maybe you have to yell schieBen?

8 Likes

beat me to it :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Wrong… You get :-1:. -100 points :laughing:

However you can still yell in German :wink:

4 Likes

Nice that the RSO played along. :rofl:

4 Likes

I can too! :joy: :joy: :joy:

Mostly the words that my Oma would say as she was hitting my butt with the “clopper” (Rug beater)!! :joy:

THE SUBJECT: @TexasEskimo, it just says they have the RIGHT to deny your warranty IF NOT registered, however, from the info I’ve gathered, Glock is able to use your serial number to trace it back to the manufacturer. Also, from all accounts. I did not read where one was denied, just people like me and you freaking out lol!

Did you call the number in my post at the top?

If not, I don’t mind calling, just tell me your Glock model.

Oh yeah. Glocks are built in Austria and USA! Nothing like that good ole USA!! :grin:

3 Likes

Germany, Austria. Same difference. :smirk:

6 Likes

Thank you for the offer @Randall318
It’s a Glock 26L (Liberal model). It has a 21,000 round 50 caliber clip, a 500 megawatt laser, is fully auto at 5,000 rounds a second, and has a Talon grip. Pretty much stock.

7 Likes

@Dawn And I hope for your own good that you are too. :roll_eyes::cold_sweat:

5 Likes

I’ll give you my result first thing in A.M.

2 Likes

Weird. I have been having the same issues with SEVERAL of my guns, all made in the USA. They are loaded, carried or by the bed. And not a single shot fired…

Maybe we have been visited by aliens. :alien:

3 Likes

I’m totally ok with it! You put it in the right category and it was all in good fun. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I have the solution to your problem. Should have brought “siri” or “alexa” along and they could have interpreted your commands.

4 Likes

Did you check or replace the hearing aid batteries? They had been known to fade out and die. They must be replaced every 100 mag changes to remain in operational readiness and not left in a safe or storage box for over 7 days at a time.

Sounds like typical operator error to me.

4 Likes

I’ve figured it out. You need to sound like Arnold Schwarzenegger. Yell like Arnold, and it will submit.

5 Likes