CRKT Curfew, legal in California

Since this great looking knife has an “assisted” deploy blade, is it legal to carry in California. It’s not a push button blade but the “assisted” part concerns me.

4 Likes

@Roger149 Welcome to the community, we are glad to have you here. :slightly_smiling_face:

Good luck, knife laws are more confusing then gun laws, and as always up for interpretation by random LE.

California Knife Laws - What Can I Carry Legally? (shouselaw.com)

California Knife Law – The Complete Guide (In Plain English) (knifeade.com)

Law section (ca.gov)

7 Likes

With the flipper stud I would not think it would be considered a switch blade. I am a CRKT fan also. :+1:

2 Likes

Try WWW.knifeup.com

2 Likes

Welcome to the Community, @Roger149. What does your state’s law and/or city ordinance say of the matter?

2 Likes

@BRUCE26 you are so Right knife law’s really are more confusing than gun law’s :thinking: :us: :us: :us:

4 Likes

@Roger149 Welcome to the community :us: :us: :us:

2 Likes

FOLDING KNIVES
In California, there is no restriction about the blade length of a folding knife. Folding knives are ok to carry in California because their opening is not assisted likes switchblades or other blades. These knives are opened by applying force on the knife blade. According to laws, almost all types of folding knives are legal to carry and they may be concealed until the blade is unfolded.

It is not legal to carry a “switch blade” knife in Calif. Switch blades as defined by CA are knives that “open with the push of a button”.

The CRKT Curfew appears to me legal in CA just at 3" and the “assisted” deploy is just that - assisted- no button, it requires pressure on the blade attached lever.

Rodg

3 Likes

Welcome to the family brother @Roger149 and you are in the right place at the right time.

1 Like

I’m not a lawyer, nor have I slept at a Holiday Inn Express recently, but I feel obliged to point out that there are municipal codes in CA that ban certain knife features, These mostly deal with blade length, though.

1 Like