Connecticut knife carry

Need some informal advice from residents of Connecticut and those who may have some past experience as a tourist. Quick background: going to Connecticut on a personal trip, will not be bringing firearm but am trying to determine if I can bring a pocket knife for edc.

According to the blurb on the uscca gun laws at a glance:

• All types of knives are legal to own, although there are a number of restrictions on what can be carried open or concealed. Stilettos, blackjacks, dirks, automatic knives, switchblades with blades longer than 1.5 inches and any knives with blades longer than 4 inches are illegal to carry and transport.

I need a little more information than this, does this mean a regular folding knife like a spyderco delica is no good because it is a blade over 1.5 inches or is it only the aforementioned “specialty” blades affected? ( the stiletto, dirk, etc…)

The law is rather incredibly vague giving discretion to the officer and is probably done on purpose for this matter. I don’t know, dont really care for the reasoning, but I still need to get to the bottom of this. Flight is tomorrow and I really wish I brought up this topic sooner. Worst case, I go totally vanilla and leave the pocketknives behind…still got my flashlight though… :grin:

Thanks in advance.

A little more in-depth !!

So basically… knives are legal to own, but not to carry or transport?

Thank you, I took a look and came up with:

• If it’s an automatic or assisted opening the legal limit is 1.5 in.
  • All other knives (fixed and folding) must be under 4 inches to stay within legal bounds.

Is that more or less what you or the rest of you guys have come up with in conclusion?

Similarly vague laws in New Mexico regarding concealed carry of knives include “…butcher knives or any other knife which can cause dangerous wounds.” It seems overly restrictive, but yet not enforced – consider, for example, all the chefs going to and from their restaurants with their “EDC,” canvas rolls concealing multiple “deadly weapons.”