Conceal Carry for the Summer and the beach

Magnetic leather holsters that are designed for athletic wear. Company is it of Abilene, TX

You should give them a look at the very least. I use their high ride for a better grip and use with work clothes and workout clothes.

I also have a backpack with a conceal pocket and holster that I keep the gun in when I go to the gym.

3 Likes

I love all the responses here. But I’m female and not a fanny pack kinda gal. I wear minimal clothing in the warmer CA weather. Any suggestions for me?? :slight_smile: Thanks in advance.

4 Likes

Same! I just don’t think the hawaiian shirt look has the same effect for women…lol. Honestly, since I started to conceal carry about 6 mos ago I’ve had to make some noticeable wardrobe changes. I work in an office and hate off-body carry, which is apparently what everyone thinks women prefer based on the number of CC purse ads I get. Most women’s “business casual” attire isn’t designed to accommodate concealed carry well and now that summer is coming I’ve found that neither are “girly” warm-weather clothes. I wish there was a company that made cute, well-built, functional women’s clothing for those of us who aren’t first-responders or farmers. (I have bought some things from 5.11 Tactical that I love, but obviously aren’t “office-appropriate”.)

5 Likes

Welcome to the family @Liesl and you are in the right place at the right time.

2 Likes

Purchase an EDC sling bag from WolfTactical.com

I have two and keep a gun in each so it’s readily available when I can’t holster my primary. Looks like a small back pack and it’s comfortable to carry.

2 Likes

Welcome to the family brother @Thomas356 and you are in the right place at the right time.

2 Likes

I use fanny packs for exactly the situation you describe and find them better in this application than any of my other CC holsters.

I wear it to my weak side so I can reach across easily and draw if I need to. People barely give me a second look and its good for keeping keys, wallet etc.

This is the one I use: Amazon.com

Cheers,

Mark.

2 Likes

So, beach and no water? Does anyone want to discuss edged, saltwater-resistant means of defence, or bang-sticks?

2 Likes

I use a Tacklett Jr. from Tuff Products. It’s a bit like a Sneaky Pete in that it clips on the belt (so yes, you do need to wear a belt with it), but it is made of canvas, so it is not as formal looking–blends in better with jeans and shorts. Also, you don’t necessarily have to leave your shirt tail untucked. I have carried mine exposed and no one gives it a second thought. They probably think it’s a cell phone case. It can hold a snubby or a Glock G27 and has an internally concealed pouch for an extra magazine. The outside has a mesh pocket with a velcro flap where you can carry incidentals like chapstick, sunscreen, a few dollars in cash, etc. It comes with 2 external pouches for a flashlight or a pen but I cut those off to reduce the bulk–makes it more comfortable when I am driving.

1 Like

would yours work with no belt ? most of my summer shorts do not have a belt. And what when I wear a dress or a jumpsuit? I have quite the dilema. :frowning: Unless I s trap to my upper leg, which I don’t want to. I can’t wear when working as I’m a teacher, but mostly for checking on my rentals and showing them.

2 Likes

It has a metal clip on the back that you either feed the belt through, or clip on the belt. I doubt that it would be satisfactory with just the elastic in a pair of shorts. But, call Nancy at Tuff Products company and ask her. She should be able to give a woman’s perspective better than I.

Thanks for your email,

Kerry Reeder
klreederpc@aol.com

“I have noticed that everyone who is for abortion […] has already been born.” “Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction.” “There is no limit to the amount of good you can do, if you do not care who gets the credit.” —Ronald Reagan

3 Likes

Thanks.

Kathy you can always try this too. https://deneadams.com/ she has alot of options

2 Likes

I’ve worn a bellyband from Brave Response for about three years, starting with a strong side holster that I usually wore at 4:00. But about 2 years ago I switched to their appendix carry holster, and I LOVE it! Since it doesn’t depend on a belt, I can wear it with my baggy shorts. Topside I wear a muscle shirt under the bellyband (to keep “most” of the sweat away from the holster), and then a baggy t-shirt on top.

4 Likes

I have not tried the Bravo Response, but do use the ComfortTac and am very pleased. I went with the cheaper version with the wider band. I thought the 2" belt might dig in ?? Bellyband works for me IWB, OWB, higher on the torso depending on the situation or clothing. I think they are worth a try. I see that several vendors have added this type of holster system.

2 Likes

I do the same when riding my bicycle :bike: with my :gun: Glock 19.

2 Likes

I have one of those and wear it for sports, including contact sports. It’s awesome. I’ve had mine for about 5 years and it is still going strong.

3 Likes

@Kathy17 There is a youtube channel called “She Equips Herself” you should check out. It is a female shooter and she has a series of videos with tips about concealed carry for women.

5 Likes

Great minds think alike.

2 Likes

Welcome to the family brother @Martin68 and you are blessed to be here.

1 Like