Conceal Carry for the Summer and the beach

If you are in Florida take a rod and reel to the beach with you. You can legally open carry going to, from, and at the beach if you are fishing.

6 Likes

Based on what I learned from Police Academy*, it’s a good idea.
hqdefault

*(the movie series, not the actual law enforcement academy)

6 Likes

Hey @Jeff_D , here’s a link for ya! :sunglasses:

5 Likes

I like James Reeves of TFB but as far as Fanny packs are concerned, they are not for me.

4 Likes

Tac was my favorite character…and him pulling the .44 on the shark was funny as hell!!!

5 Likes

I just watched that and it gave me some great ideas but the belly band I think might be better and like I was told earlier…it doesn’t say HEY i’m carrying something here

3 Likes

images

10 Likes

Yep. Geeky Tourist is a legit gray man disguise in some situations. The point is to not stand out in the crowd.

For example, if I was being paid to tail someone around the Magic Kingdom all day to take clandestine photos of him and his mistress and their love child, I would want to look like just another geeky tourist with his wife and kid enjoying a day at Disney World. The solo middle-aged male in a polo and khaki cargo pants skulking around all day is going to stick out in THAT crowd.

You see a LOT of dudes wearing fanny packs at the beach and on bike trails and in parks around here. Most are not packing heat. The fact that I assume that all of them are carrying is not relevant to this discussion, because I am never going to target someone for a criminal assault. That’s sort of the point: only people who carry guns (and Jason Bourne, who really never needed one) run around in public trying to figure out who is strapped and who isn’t. We assume that everybody else does, too. But the truth is that even most petty criminals don’t do this. They should, but they don’t.

Reality is that wearing/carrying a bag around here simply makes you more attractive to purse snatchers, beggars, and other petty street hoods. This is one of those ironies like “man with cane = defenseless cripple” to most punks. Really bad analysis! So they target the one guy they see all day who is carrying a scarred up hardwood cane, is over 6 ft tall, with an athletic build, scars, buzz cut, and tattoos. Seriously? Darwin Award time! It happens…trust me. SMH

5 Likes

Makes me think of that scene in Ghost Dog:

Don’t ask me why the narration is in Hungarian.

4 Likes

Good movie!

3 Likes

Yes that is an excellent movie.:+1::+1:

2 Likes

I wasn’t a big fan of that Fanny pack when I got it. I actually ended up returning it. It’s really bulky, and I didn’t like the band that held the gun. My shield would shake up and down in the Fanny pack. I gave up on Fanny pack carry, BUT I saw that TFB video. I think those were better options.

4 Likes

Check out the PHLster enigma. I haven’t looked back. I can wear anything and conceal well. It requires a bit of setting up but is totally worth it. Great product

4 Likes

Ulticlips may be a good addition to a holster that needs to hang onto a pair of lighter and thinner shorts.

4 Likes

Welcome to the family brother @SpikeTheYouth and you are in the right place at the right time.

3 Likes

I live in AZ and summer can be brutal. Hawaiian shirts work and so does pocket carry. My preference is a Keltec P32 because Ruger wont bring out the LCP2 in 32.

4 Likes

Thank you!

3 Likes

Lol…just slap a first aid patch on the fanny pack, as for me I’ll stick to the waste band strap…:wink:

2 Likes

Welcome to the family brother @William686 and God bless you.

2 Likes

Thx👍

| Johnnyq60 Regular
May 5 |

• | - |

Welcome to the family brother @William686 and God bless you.

2 Likes