Pocket Dump Summer Specific Supplies

Summer is on the way! Warmer weather, sunshine and all of the associated outdoor activities are just around the corner.

With the warmer weather, we may be shedding our heavier cover garments and changing holsters. Our normal EDC may change as well.

What do you carry differently in summer?

Let’s see your summer pocket dump!

7 Likes

I’ll be using my belly band more. Gun will stay the same! That’s the only think I see changing.

3 Likes

I switch my tacti-dad pants for tacti-dad shorts. Other than that, not much changes.

7 Likes

Me too. I transition from carpenter jeans to tactidad shorts. My carry gun stays the same, although, I am shopping around for a gun for my wife. She picked what she wants, I’m just looking for the best price. Since she doesn’t yet have a ccw license, I’ll keep her gun in practice. I’ll post a video when we get her gun. We’re going with an LCRx in .357 mag. I know she will shoot .38’s, but, I will inevitably try some full tilt magnums in it(Underwood 125 grain).

3 Likes

More water. :wink:
No changes for EDC

7 Likes

I add a lifestraw to my EDC ifak. That’s it. Still 4-6 knives, 2 extra mags, Glock 30, flashlight.

5 Likes

Still waiting on my Tier One holster for my P365XL so I am having to resort to the holster drawer til then. Other than that my EDC will not change because I wear shorts year roumd.

2 Likes

I live in Florida. We have summer about 360 days a year. No changes just because there’s a different month on the calendar.

7 Likes

Carry P365 in an appendix holster. That way I’m not wearing an over shirt. Gets too hot and humid here for overshirt.

3 Likes

Suspenders, pocket knife, good cargo pants, wallets, car keys, and more ammo. Plus anything I left out.

2 Likes

Four to six knives? Wow, and I get teased about carrying two. The handgun, light, and one spare mag, second mag not sure where I would carry it and be easily accessible.

2 Likes

Suspenders ! When the pants get heavy and you need help to carry, also a good semi auto
to match.

Ah! Yes, please do not forget your cell phone, (Emergency Phone Number List, Solar Charging Equipment, Re - chargeable Batteries Systems, Flashlight, and First aide kit. That is why I wear 5.11 cargo pants, enough pockets to go around and do not forget the Suspenders !

Thank you

1 Like

2-4 rescue blades (blades with seatbelt cutters and glass breakers. Depends on whose car I am in. 2 Damascus Steel Kerambits, Glock 30 w/2 extra mags. Ifak got to love Cargo Shorts.

1 Like

I don’t generally make any changes.

3 Likes

Good list of equipment. Need more ammo too.

1 Like

@William_H

Well I have a car gun as well I don’t talk about. But I have enough to get me home.

2 Likes

I think you need to head North next winter and experience a fun filled 7 months of a change in temerature. Isn’t 360 days of summer kind of boring? :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Some of my list is listening to special forces and naval people. These instructors that have given their life to be who they are is needed and honorable. I can not carry all that gear and I do plan with some of it. Have a great holiday to you and thanks.

1 Like

I carry a SIG P365 XL @3 o’clock. I carry an extra mag on me and 4 mags in my get home bag. I am a chef so, I will usually have my chef jacket on most of the time or a baggy t-shirt to hide my girth. No one wants to see my fat. I like my soup of the day shirts which range from beer to whiskey. That pretty much is my year round wears but, if I am training I will have my USCCA Instructor polo and tactical pants. The idea is to be the gray man and not stand out of the crowd. Unicorn t-shirt with rainbows might not be low profile though!

2 Likes

@William_H

Oddly enough. Military training schools is where I learned to survive off land and special warfare medic school is why I carry so many knives, and civvie flight medic as well.

Both of those schools heavily influence my get home bag and EDC bag.

3 Likes