Community Suggestions - From YOU!

Dude… we’d miss you :smile:

4 Likes

On women’s area… I’m strongly ambivalent on this one.

There is great value in having an area where women can ask the things they might not in a mixed group… it let’s them speak freely where they might not otherwise speak at all. We want to build a bigger female community, and “safe female space” can foster that. We need a huge influx of female shooters if we are to hold and gain political ground and preserve our 2nd amendment rights. Anything we can do to nurture and amplify that cause is good.

On the other hand there’s great value in having men get to learn and expand their understanding of how women see things, process information, view the world of firearms, and address issues… it let’s men expand their skillset and ideas when working with women. It gives them guidance on how to expand the female shooter population in real world, where they can make real change.

Going out of the box now… Not sure what this platform provides, but I know you can set up categories that only a selected group can see. Maybe we can set up a women’s category that all can see and interact with but which is focused on women’s issues, AND also allow the poster to mark a thread or reply as “women only”… so individuals can choose that greater privacy of just women if they want it? @dawn?

I know most male teachers here, and men who mentor or share their experience with women, will benefit from seeing us talk about how we learn differently or what we care about. And while @DBrogue will no doubt find the discussion points of why to choose one brand of carry leggings over another to be a personally relevant and riveting discussion (JUST KIDDING :rofl:) he might also find it useful to share with female students or family. I don’t want to lock him out of the opportunity.

Maybe there’s a way to serve both masters well, most of the time.

3 Likes

@Gunny_Doug
Glocksters are already segregated and enjoying the view from the top.

Lol

4 Likes

I’m with you on that. I think we all can learn from each other, but I know how hard it can be to ask a question when there’s some concern over how it will be taken (sorry you’re kinda lumped with other guys here, you know I don’t like generalizations).

For now I’m going to keep enforcing the positive, welcoming, respectful environment here.

We can create “women’s topics” (leggings is a good example) they can be labeled as such. If there’s a lot of demand for a women’s only group going forward I am happy to explore it further.

3 Likes

:raising_hand_woman: I’m for topics, not xxx-only groups. The conversations, interactions are all learning experiences for everyone. Whether you take part in or are a bystander. I actually would like to see more of these kind of topics sprout up. “Women-how do you carry?” “Elderly-how to protect yourself” “Military-applying your service training to your civilian training” “parents-teaching your childern” “instructors-tips and tricks” so on and so forth. Segregated topics for all to learn from. In my above examples, I could only add to the conversation of one of the topics. I would be a bystander to the others, but interested in hearing about them. I may post a question to one of them but i wouldn’t ramble on. I don’t think we should exclude anyone from learning something new.

4 Likes

Did you just assume my gender? :rofl:

5 Likes

So I guess that a private forum for left handed cross eyed 1 legged circus midgets ain’t gonna fly either?

5 Likes

I may make the exception for that one, @Gunny_Doug!!

3 Likes

Didn’t you mean one eyed one horned flying purple people eaters?

6 Likes

Or followers of the flying spaghetti monster?

5 Likes

Ok you got me on that one I dont know about the flying spaghetti monster

3 Likes

He shall touch you with his noodly appendagefsm

6 Likes

If we get one for left handed, cross eyed, one legged circus midgets, then, I insist on a section for
The High Ram-Lama, and the Ding Dongs.
Bonus points for anyone who knows what cartoon that is from. I’ll give you a hint
Chrome, chrome, chrome, BOP BOP A WEEBOP!

5 Likes

ha! had to look that one up… so I’m not saying.
I thought their theme song should be the Edsels though…

Oh, oh, oh, oh
I’ve got a girl named Rama Lama
Lama Lama Ding Dong
She’s everything to me
Rama Lama Lama Lama Ding Dong

:smiley:

3 Likes

Well, this conversation went sideways quickly… LOL!

4 Likes
5 Likes

Oh my God! I remember that! I worked in a shop many years ago and we would do that if a classic car came in. How funny, I had forgot about that.

4 Likes

I have to admit I feel alone in my perspective as to why I am a USCCA member. Firstly, even though I expect it to change, I do not own a firearm. I still believe I have much to offer. Witnessing injustice and knowing that I could really feel good about a rightful and lawful kill with the educated understanding that we really do need to spill blood for freedom here in the USA, I really have used other psychological and conflict resolution methods to their full extent to do what is right. “Boomers on Benches” can be the name of this post. So sorry if you take liberties or short cuts!

2 Likes

This is more a defensive community not just firearms. I believe there are numerous ways to defend yourself and using a firearm should be the last resort. I worked with a guy who could sell a drowning man a bottle of water. I watched him stop a lot of conflict just mentally and verbally out maneuvering people.

4 Likes

You have a lot to offer the Community, @James234! While there is a lot of discussion about carrying a firearm, we all know that shooting in self-defense is a last resort. There is so much to self-defense from situational awareness to conflict avoidance and resolution that we have yet to talk about!

I’d love to have you jump in and start those conversations (or reach out to me with topic ideas)!

Welcome to the Community, @James234 - we’re glad to have you here!

3 Likes